Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DNA age for test

(5 Posts)
newmama91 Thu 30-Jul-15 19:03:38

I would like to know how old the baby has to be for a DNA test to be taken to determine paternity?

It is between two guys and I'm leaning more towards one but to be sure I will need to take the test.

Doublebubblebubble Thu 30-Jul-15 19:24:49

5 seconds. Once baby is born the dna does change... I.e why you can see 18 month olds and 18 year olds on the Jeremy Kyle show. The earlier its done, the better x good luck x

Doublebubblebubble Thu 30-Jul-15 19:25:49

**doesn't change* sorry got ahead of myself

The dna DOES NOT change!!!!!!!

contractor6 Thu 30-Jul-15 20:01:19

Not completely safe but been told it can be done in the womb. Hope you get answer you want x

Skiptonlass Thu 30-Jul-15 20:15:19

Technically you can get foetal DNA from maternal blood. Pricey to do and extract though, it's not as simple quick or cheap as getting DNA directly from the subject.

As soon as baby is born, you can do a harmless swab of the inner cheek (or whatever method the kit takes, swabs are probably nicer for the baby than taking blood) and collect DNA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now