Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

no yolk sac at around 5+2

(6 Posts)
hawaiibaby Fri 24-Jul-15 14:24:11

Aaggh, feel like I've had a total head fuck this morning.

Based on a 28 day cycle I should be 5+5 today but I think I ov'd later (cycles are 27-31 days normally) and I think I'm maybe 5+1 or 5+2.

Had a scan today due to previous ectopic leaving me high risk. There is a gestational sac but no yolk sac that could be seen. They were so vague as to what this meant, felt like I put words in their mouth to say that could well be normal for 5ish weeks. Am back in 10 days as on holiday tomorrow for a week but wondered if anyone had similar. Bloody internet giving me different answers and I know anecdotal stuff can only tell me so much but after a very rocky road, I could really do with being less confused.

They did say to get in touch with hospital on holiday if I had problems etc. making me now wonder if they are expecting me to miscarry... I haven't had any bleeding or pain as yet though and don't know if I'm over-thinking the things they said.

Thank you.

NeuroticFox1 Fri 24-Jul-15 14:32:19

I have no direct experience of this but didn't want to read and run. I just wanted to say that they all can be frustratingly vague - I have found anyway. I also think you shouldn't worry about them advising you to go to hospital if any probs on holiday, I think that is just standard advice for early pregnancy. I do wish they'd realise how much we hang on their every word! I would try to take what they have told you in cold face value and try not to worry, I don't think they'd let you put words in their mouth it's just probably hard to be more exact at such an early stage. Hope you have a lovely holiday and try not to worry.

hawaiibaby Fri 24-Jul-15 15:08:22

Thank you. What a kind message and you are so right. It is what it is and stressing and spoiling our holiday won't change anything. Will really try and take this on board.

Whosthebaby Mon 27-Jul-15 21:06:50

Hi!

I have had the same thing today and I was told it was completely normal, I am sure everything will be fine!

My midwife told me she wouldn't expect to see a yolk until 6-8 weeks to be certain so has told me to come back in 2.5 weeks, she said this usually happens and not to worry. smile

IlonaRN Mon 27-Jul-15 22:57:22

At 4w6d (or 5w0d after later dating), I had a yolk sac, but nothing else visible.
I am now 28w3 (or 28w4 by the doc's dates), and starting to believe we might just have a little one on the way! (keeping my fingers crossed! )

IlonaRN Mon 27-Jul-15 22:58:55

Err, only one sac visible - gestational sac, not yolk. And a fetal pole was found two weeks later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now