Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Things needed for a newborn

(6 Posts)
enviousllama Fri 24-Jul-15 13:39:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Fri 24-Jul-15 15:16:38

I think the only things you'd need new are a new mattress, and teats, although I know you aren't planning on using bottles. Might be worth checking your old car seat is OK, and perhaps an extra isofix base if you use them?
Otherwise I guess you'd be sorted! Sorting out my DS's old clothes though I did realise a lot were rather worn out so you might want some new bits.
Nappies, wipes, cotton wool etc unless you've still got supplies
All the best

knittingirl Fri 24-Jul-15 15:16:38

Basically, babies eat, poop and sleep.

So at the most basic level you need something to feed them (bf), nappies and wipes/cotton wool and a changing mat, somewhere for them to sleep (moses basket/cot/crib) and a blanket, and some vests and babygros to dress the kid in. And cloths (eg muslins) to wipe up the sick/spit.

It's also probable that you'll need a car seat (unless you don't have a car), and some way to transport them so a buggy or a sling.

I would also get some of the saline nasal spray, so if they are really bunged up with mucus at 3am you have something to help!

And some box sets and books (or a kindle, a kindle was my life saver for middle of the night breastfeeding), nipple cream, breast pads, maternity pads and comfy clothes for you.

There's hundreds of other things you might want - eg monitor, baby bath, thermometer etc, but the above is the essentials.

Bustherb Fri 24-Jul-15 15:28:30

Enough clothes for the baby. I've just had my little boy and after being measured small throughout and predicted a small baby he's come out at 9lbs 9 and a half so all the newborn stuff doesn't fit him, he's quite sicky too so our washing machine is constantly on xx

enviousllama Fri 24-Jul-15 15:42:13

enviousllama Fri 24-Jul-15 15:44:14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now