Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

All day nausea

(8 Posts)
Cnmorgan13 Sun 19-Jul-15 12:01:01

Hello!
As the title suggests, I'm 6 weeks along and by God I've never felt so sick in my life. This is my first pregnancy. I haven't actually vomited but the nausea is really bad in the morning and dies down about lunchtime and picks back up in the evening. Looking for suggestions. I've tried ginger and lemon tea, nothing seems to help

Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 19-Jul-15 12:08:09

Congratulations on your pregnancy flowers.

There are some tips on nausea in this recent thread Hope it helps!

Junosmum Sun 19-Jul-15 12:24:21

That was me for the first trimester, was only actually sick once but by gosh did I feel sick constantly! I'm now 14 weeks and feel much better, almost normal which is good. I found eating little and often was good - celery with humus, rich tea biscuits, crackers. I felt worse if I didn't eat and worse if I ate too much. I lost 7lbs in my first trimester.

LovelyFriend Sun 19-Jul-15 12:33:50

I had this in first trimester. I never threw up but I felt very sick. I could eat but I couldn't handle or prepare food as I felt so nauseous.

I lived on muesli apples and cheese on toast for 3 months unless someone cooked for me. I lost about 6 kilos.

And then suddenly at 12 weeks I was totally over it.

Rollermum Sun 19-Jul-15 12:39:52

That was me, and still is at 14 weeks, though maybe easing off a bit.

I coped by sleeping lots (not easy with a toddler), laying down (ditto). Eating little and often. Needed carbs followed by fat and protein. 85% dark chocolate helped - possibly because of the magnesium.

I wondered if it was my pregnancy vitamins and have tried a few but not sure.

Also don't get dehydrated. I can only really drink really cold liquids.

BexusSugarush Sun 19-Jul-15 12:40:11

Congratulations and welcome to the beautiful mess of pregnancy. As everyone else is telling you, this isn't uncommon. 24/7 nausea seems worse than actually being sick at times. I lived off of a piece of toast and some Ritz biscuits whenever I could stomach them. Even if you can't eat, sip water or juice as much as you can. It should die down by around week 10 latest.

Nousername2015 Sun 19-Jul-15 13:06:17

Congratulations! I'm 13 weeks and just coming through the other side of it now. Ive been sick most days since around the 7 week mark. For me sticking to plainer foods and, like someone else said, making sure I didn't get too full helped. It's awful to feel so bad but remember it is only temporary. Don't worry about a healthy diet right now, just find the foods that work for you. I didn't leave the house without a babybel and some mini cheddars in my bag, for me they helped to calm it.

Plantpot83 Sun 19-Jul-15 13:27:11

I had the same thing, all day nausea much worse in the evenings but was only sick a couple of times, it was dreadful. The things that I found helped were: not eating much but always having something to nibble, not rushing any where e.g walking to the station really slowly in the morning with a slice of toast (sounds silly but I tried running for the train once and almost couldn't get through the day!) I ate porridge (with water), mashed potato and beans, marmite, clementines, mango, pineapple, petit filou (but not yoghurts) crackers and peanut butter mainly, basically the diet of a young child!

One thing that really helped me was not trying to plan what I wanted to eat in advance, I just went to the supermarket every evening/lunchtime etc looked around and picked up whatever I thought I fancied, OH just looked after himself. You'll find what works for you, don't worry about vitamins and nutrition.

Don't worry it will pass, mine got much better suddenly at 10 weeks, although I felt queasy until 16 weeks and am now fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now