Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7wks 5days - early scan inconclusive - what are my chances?

(11 Posts)
SweetPotatoPie Fri 17-Jul-15 19:45:27

Had an early scan today - been very slightly spotting, I'm nearly 42 and can't quite believe any of it.

The nurse said the sac and yolk are present, there is sign of an embryo but no fetal pole and told me to come back in two weeks as the scan was inconclusive and my dates may be wrong.

Last time I was pregnant we saw a heartbeat by 6 weeks so can't help feeling that this time it isn't good. Feel sick and tired etc but know the hormones can still be pumping even if the pregnancy isn't viable.

Has anyone had the same this far along, and if so, what was the outcome?

The sac looked so empty on the scan to my untrained eye - on my notes it says it's 16.7mm and personally I couldn't really make out anything that looked like it could be an embryo, maybe she just didn't want to make me cry?!!

I did have implantation bleeding quite late - 23rd or 24th day of my cycle - so maybe the dates really could be wrong? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Sure we just have to wait and see but going slightly out of my mind!!!

Thanks and HELP x

ouryve Fri 17-Jul-15 19:48:30

I had an inconclusive scan at 6 weeks once, after heavy bleeding with clotting. He starts year 7 in September.

The wait for the repeat scan is horrible. Was one of the longest 10 ays of my life. Hoping it's good news for you flowers

SweetPotatoPie Fri 17-Jul-15 19:52:54

oh god thank you for replying so quickly! It is going to be the longest 2 weeks ever. Already counting down the hours.

I know lots of people say the same at 6 weeks but at nearly 8 weeks I really expected to see more...

Newtobecomingamum Fri 17-Jul-15 20:22:02

I also had one at 6.5 weeks weeks.. There is still hope! Fingers crossed for you flowers

SweetPotatoPie Fri 17-Jul-15 20:39:55

Thank you! Feels like my last chance for a 2nd, been trying for 5 years.

If I'm not pregnant would quite like wine now, so just want to know but guess I'll have to wait

mummyneedinganswers Fri 17-Jul-15 20:45:06

This was my scan at 7 weeks there was just a tiny sac and no fetal pole turned out I was only actually 4 weeks. Hope everything turns out well x

SweetPotatoPie Fri 17-Jul-15 20:57:38

Thank you! Still clinging on to just a teeny shred of hope. Here's mine:

It just seems so... empty sad

SweetPotatoPie Sat 18-Jul-15 08:51:16

Feel so utterly unpregnant this morning. Not looking good, is it? Don't want to cling on to false hope. Not sure how I'm going to get through the next two weeks.

PolShelby Sat 18-Jul-15 11:41:46

I didn't have a heartbeat until my second scan at 8.5 weeks. Try not to worry too much although I know how hard it is. Hope it works out well flowers

SweetPotatoPie Sat 18-Jul-15 11:49:55

Thank you, me too!

Trying to remain calm and forget about it but it's tough.
Saw everything so early with both my previous pregnancies, was so much sicker and more sore, it's so hard to be patient. I'm so sure of my dates as only DTD twice and was early in my cycle - tend to ovulate early so can't believe dates can be so out.

Have a good friend's wedding tomorrow and so tempted to have a glass of champers or two anyway. Pathetically sure that if I don't it will be bad news and if I do and it's good news I will worry, but that would be preferable to the other!! Also, my not drinking at all will alert people to my pregnancy and if I lose the baby I can't bear to have to tell people. Not that I will get drunk but just one... or two... maybe?

HollyJenni Fri 07-Aug-15 23:24:57

I'm having a similar experience. I had my second early scan today. Baby measured 2.1mm but no heartbeat. I have to go back next week to see if progressing or not. I'm hoping my dates are wrong.
How are you now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now