Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stabbing pains!

(9 Posts)
PiercedMrsL Wed 15-Jul-15 22:32:23

Just after a bit of advice really!

37+2 and am experiencing what can only be described as stabbing pains in my cervix area. Last time I felt like this the pains got quite intense, no pattern to it but it took my breath away. I ended up in the labour ward being monitored, and was sent home with antibiotics as I had a suspected UTI.

I phoned this evening as I feel exactly the same (MW told me to do this if it was out of hours) to be told it was nothing to worry about, and that baby was "just practising coming out"
Surely I should have been told this the first time I went in? I should add that baby is moving well and I have no other symptoms. I'm just confused at the conflict of advice here. What would you all do?

CatR1 Wed 15-Jul-15 22:49:03

Hi, it might just pass, but if it doesn't and if there is any change just go to triage and get it checked out. Don't wait too long though, there's no harm in going even just to set your mind at rest.

Whatabout Wed 15-Jul-15 22:50:10

Fanny daggers. They are a joy.

coneywonder Wed 15-Jul-15 22:56:10

I have these every day. Always worse when I have a little bit in my bladder. They take my breath away but nothing to worry about

PiercedMrsL Wed 15-Jul-15 22:58:14

I just feel like she didn't really want to know to be honest. It's my first baby so obviously everything is new to me but I'm quite uncomfortable here! Going to keep an eye and call back if it gets worse I think.

GreenBoatRedBoat Thu 16-Jul-15 08:00:48

Totally normal and just baby on your cervix. Can really take your breath away and make you wince but just one of the delights of the last few weeks of pregnancy.

daisy0905 Thu 16-Jul-15 14:23:38

Hello,
I'm 15 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I woke up this morning with a sharp pain and later discovered I was bleeding, I rang the doctors and got a midwife appointment, she listened to the baby's heart beat and said everything was ok but if the bleeding didn't stop to go to A&E,
The bleeding has not stopped and I'm really worried and don't know what to do as the midwife didn't know why I was bleeding.
I'm worried I could be losing the baby

PiercedMrsL Thu 16-Jul-15 14:47:26

Daisy please go to the hospital and get it checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry!
Hopefully you're already on your way up there. Sending you lots of positive vibes x

CatR1 Thu 16-Jul-15 20:37:21

Yes Daisy, go to the hospital, best to get it checked out. All ok with you now Pierced?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now