Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help me! Advice needed

(7 Posts)
clairmarie86 Sun 12-Jul-15 17:38:35

Hi,

7 weeks ago I miscarried a baby and now find I am pregnant again, to make sure I was pregnant they did a scan for me which showed just a sac measuring 8mm, the Doctor said he thinks it is a failed pregnancy but I don't want to give up hope. I had my hormone levels tested which are doubling as normal. Can anyone give any help?!

DulcetMoans Sun 12-Jul-15 17:43:46

Sorry about your previous loss.

I don't know much about the sizing of pregnancies, I actually didn't take note of those numbers in my own. But doubling blood levels is a good sign, have you got another blood test booked in to track? I am guess the scan didn't show a heartbeat - will the repeat next week to track growth?

clairmarie86 Sun 12-Jul-15 17:54:42

They just said it was just a sac, no fetal pole but i don't know if this is because I can not be possibly over 4/5 week pregnant. No more scan just wait until booking scan.

DulcetMoans Sun 12-Jul-15 17:58:13

If you have a pregnancy of unknown viability they should be checking you again really. You could not see the heartbeat until past 6 weeks even so it could still be fine.

When are you being checked with bloods or scan again? They should be keeping an eye on you until you know either way.

clairmarie86 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:01:53

That's exactly what I thought but they are leaving me until 12 weeks, considering I get that far x

AmiL123 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:51:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HJBeans Sun 12-Jul-15 22:31:47

They should definitely be following up with you, and given your dates should not have made any assumption on viability given scan results. Do you have access to an early pregnancy unit? Sounds like you've had poor care this far and is definitely push for more help.

Sorry for your previous loss and hope you get better news on this pregnancy very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now