Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning-noon-night sickness

(7 Posts)
michmichmich123 Tue 07-Jul-15 13:27:28

Hello everyone in 11 weeks today and having been suffering really badly with all day sickness (it's worse in the evenings) since 6
weeks.
I have been prescribed 2 different types of anti sickness medication but neither have worked.
I'm lucky in the fact I work from home and I don't have to leave the house very often as I don't think I could.
I'm due to go on holiday to Greece at the weekend and I'm dreading it, I've been in tears at the thought of the flight and coping in the heat
Has anyone got any advice, any miracle cures or when did your sickness stop?
Thank you in advance x

Anna2710 Tue 07-Jul-15 14:42:13

Mine started at 6 weeks and started to ease at 12 all gone completely by 15 weeks. My tips would be drinking icy cold drinks, eating little and often (foods such as pasta, cereal, fruity sweets and juicy apples got me through) getting plenty of rest as was much worse when tired, sometimes fresh air helped. I hope you start to feel better soon!!

michmichmich123 Tue 07-Jul-15 14:44:37

Thanks Anna I'll give apples a go, grapes seem to take the edge off for a bit, I'm just not looking forward to all the travelling and being in a hot country I'm hoping it will pass soon as it's awful sad

Anna2710 Tue 07-Jul-15 14:57:24

I can totally sympathise, I felt like I was dying some days. I felt my best in the mornings and went downhill as the day went on. The only other things I can say to make you feel better are that it does pass eventually, I started getting the odd day where felt ok which then turned into most days and then finally where felt fine again at 15/16 weeks and also I'm now 22 weeks and having other problems with pregnancy where I would much prefer to have my sickness back instead (and that's saying something haha). I hope you manage to enjoy your holidays! x

michmichmich123 Tue 07-Jul-15 15:24:45

Yes that's exactly how I feel, I can't remember what it's like to feel normal and I'm bored of being boring and feeling stuck at home. I'm off to tesco's now which is the highlight of my week before I know the worst will hit at around 7 and I'll be off to bed! I'm lucky to have a very supportive partner who is happy as he has a new game to play on his play station as we hardly see each other as I'm always in bed. I think this will be an only child as I couldn't go through this again!

michmichmich123 Tue 07-Jul-15 15:25:57

I hope everything's ok with your pregnancy and thanks for replying it helps to talk to people who have experienced it x

Anna2710 Tue 07-Jul-15 15:29:24

That's made me chuckle as that's exactly what I said during those days of sickness "If everything goes ok with this one there will be no more as I can't cope with this" my other half kept saying but I want 2 and my response was "well when men can can go through pregnancy then you fire away". It now doesn't seem that bad as time has passed but I definitely remember how awful it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now