Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Dreams: What did you dream today?

(9 Posts)
Cheshirehello79 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:06:47

Now I know a lot of people say during pregnancy who have some weird dreams well I did from being part of the election campaign ( whilst not even into politics) to being Kim kardashian entrouge ( whilst Kant stand the woman) name it ! And I've dreamt of it . But that was on my first trimester apps week 6-9 of pregnancy.

Now I'm week 18 I've started having really vivid dreams - I dreamt my colleague tried to strangle me and last night was the worst one - I dreamt some breaking into the house through my bedroom window that was open at the time but I couldn't screen. I woke up and was making some weird sound that scared the life out of me .

I'm mentally stable, never had or have a breakdown and I'm not stressed neither.

What is going on with me ? And has anyone been having such vivid dreams nasty or pleasant ones? Is this norm for pregnancy?

Frillsandspills Mon 06-Jul-15 13:26:07

I've been having really vivid dreams too. The other night I fell asleep in bed as normal, and in my dream I woke up in a club, next to the toilet. My friends came in to take me home as the club was closing and I was screaming asking how I got there because the last thing I remember was falling asleep in my own bed. I couldn't even walk and I was crying because I knew i was pregnant and shouldn't have been drinking.
Needless to say when I woke up in my own bed I was so relieved.

I've had a few nasty ones too, like kids jumping off the Grand Canyon which freaked me out a bit. I'm glad I'm not the only one though!

NoMontagues Mon 06-Jul-15 14:28:17

In had one really epic one which I already mentioned on the Feb antenatal bus bus seeing as you've asked...

I was in Balmoral and Prince Charles and his wife had been putting loads of junk up in the attic for ages, for some reason I had been drafted in to clear out all this junk and make the attic presentable in time for a visit from the Queen which was imminent. Loads of things kept happening to stop me being able to do the job and I kept having to check with Prince Charles as to whether things could be thrown out or not; he was absolutely useless and kept humming and hawing over everything. I was in a blind panic as the Queen was on her way to inspect the attic.

Btw I'm Irish and never think about the royal family IRL.

Also had another one where it was sports day at my daughter's school, I needed to use the loo and was told that the portaloos hadn't been delivered, and I should use the mini-traffic cones that were out on the sports field marking out the boundaries, which I did confused blush

AmyLouKin Mon 06-Jul-15 15:04:37

I am only 6 1/2 weeks and have always had vivid dreams but they are starting to get even more so! Last night was dreaming about labour and having a scan of the baby, which was 3d or is it 4d they call it! Anyway baby looked like an exact mixture of me and my other half which was weird but rather nice. Then I had lots of other bits of disconnected dreams about having to find somewhere to stay as I was homeless. Oh and a strange young man was blowing bubbles, which turned into the floating glass bubbles from Labyrinth and he was singing one of the David Bowie songs from it too!

Cheshirehello79 Mon 06-Jul-15 17:36:15

Thank goodness I'm not the only one going crazy !

RockerMummy184 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:41:28

I kept having really weird sex dreams a few weeks back - James Hunt (the dead racing driver hmm) being one of the most bizarre!!

I also dream at least 3 times a week that I'm having twin girls, even though I was told at my 20 week scan I am having boys. (I have another scan on Wednesday so will be asking if they can double check!)

I've had cheese for dinner tonight a whole baked camembert to myself but that's another thread entirely so I'll let you know how weird it gets tonight! grin

Stoneysilence Mon 06-Jul-15 21:28:17

Excellent work on the cheese eating there RockerMummy

I have the most incredibly vivid dreams when pregnant - every night, it's like a new world. Some are very sexual (I'm crazy horny when pregnant!) but some are just your typical anxiety dreams spun out into epic sagas - the other night I was roaming a 5 star hotel, which was full of hen parties made up of my old school/uni friends, all of which I was supposed to be at (and was late for), but really I was also late for a "meeting" to shag my boss. Who I have no remote interest in IRL. When I finally tracked him down he was in a 2 storey high swimming pool that I had to climb up to using wall ladders, like in school gym. Hmmmmm.

Cheshirehello79 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:30:29

Oh dear Rocker! I've heard of that and very explicit dreams but thought people are just exaggerating

Cheshirehello79 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:32:16

stoney yours is just epic !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now