Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bad cough, c section next week - advice

(5 Posts)
weelamb123 Mon 06-Jul-15 07:35:17

I'm due to have my c section next wed (15th)& and I have developed a really bad cough. To the point ors making me gag. Do I need to go see gp for medicine, will they still perform the op if I still have the cough? Xx

Hellohellohowareyou Mon 06-Jul-15 08:37:26

I don't think having the op will be a problem but coughing after will be painful. I'm on day 12 post c section and sneezing still hurts!

Clobbered Mon 06-Jul-15 08:55:46

Agree. See your GP and get checked.

Hidingbehindclouds Mon 06-Jul-15 08:59:08

I had a cold/sore throat before my c section with dd and they went ahead and did it anyway. I was not seriously ill - no temperature, no chest infection though. When I coughed or sneezed after section, I held a pillow over my incision very firmly, which helped no end. Hopefully you'll be feeling better by c day

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 06-Jul-15 11:09:54

I'd get it checked out just in case, I had a lung infection and had just started the antibiotics when I had my emcs. The coughing afterwards was quite painful but all you can do is hold a pillow to the scar as others have suggested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now