Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this normal at 12 and a half weeks?

(9 Posts)
AmiL123 Sun 05-Jul-15 08:01:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tinyme135 Sun 05-Jul-15 08:12:59

As I'm a new mother myself and only 13 weeks today I can only go by what I've experienced but I can tell you what my friend has and she has two DS. She told me that come the 2nd trimester you will ache a bit more as your body is expanding for the growth of your little one. You'll get the odd few cramping and stuff like that and some days you might feel like rubbish. Me on the other hand I have had light cramping since before I found out I was pregnant but nothing bad like that. If I was you try and contact your MW if you can't call 111 if not that go to your local walk in. It's the only advice I can give you hun...I wish you the best x

NighteyesLovesGingerbread Sun 05-Jul-15 09:13:00

I'm 11 weeks, 3rd pregnancy. I've been having low aches and sharp pulling pains in my lower abdomen for a few weeks now. when pregnant you produce relaxin (I think) which relaxes all the ligaments etc, its this hormone that causes SPD/PGP. it is likely what you are feeling is just stretching of everything, its much easier to overstretch when pregnant as everything is looser because of the hormone.

but call your midwife unit for advice if you're worried.

weelamb123 Sun 05-Jul-15 09:54:25

Yes, 2nd trimester is when things really start to grow. So u will get lots and lots of stitch like stretching pains. Ad long as there's no bleeding then its all normal and part of the process if u like. Xx

Mulligrubs Sun 05-Jul-15 10:01:47

From conception til about 16 weeks I get period type painconstantly. Sounds bad but I expected to get my period every minute of every day, it was scary. I am now 22 weeks with my second, I knew to expect it so this time round wasn't too worried. It still comes and goes and so do shooting pains but not as much. Your ligaments and muscles stretch so much. If you're worried too much then you should call your midwife of course, but in both my pregnancies period pain has been normal.

chopsface Sun 05-Jul-15 13:49:44

I'm 16+6 and I've been having all sorts of both aches and shooting pains. I'm assuming it's all normal as midwife didn't seem bothered worried. As long as you're not bleeding I wouldnt worry :-)

Junosmum Sun 05-Jul-15 19:14:51

I've been doubled over with trapped wind since getting pg. I only know it's that as I get IBS pre pregnancy but never ever this bad. I thought it was a ectopic pregnancy at first (as did hospital who scanned me). Are you constipated or getting loose stools?

AmiL123 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:29:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Candlefairy101 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:29:46

Does it hurt when you stand up too quickly? Or if you cough? Or if you sneeze? If it does it's something called round ligament pain. It's completely normal I'm on my 3rd and get it throughout x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now