Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help - hcg 16 at 4w 2 days...

(8 Posts)
Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Jun-15 11:39:16

OH and I have been ttc so consequently I have been testing early.. Found out last Wednesday that I was 3w 4 days. I used clear blue and it came up pg 1-2. As you do I POAS 2 hours later and it came up negative. Quite understand that I didn't have enough hcg levels for test 2 but that sent me in to a POAS frenzy.

Subsequently all my tests have had faint lines, some of which have got fainter rather than darker I went to the GP yesterday for bloods. It's come back at 4 weeks 2 days at 16.

I have a horrible feeling it's too low. I know that you have to wait to see if it doubles (back at the Drs tomorrow) will be 45 hours between blood tests) but surely if clear blue picked up on it 6 days ago it should be more?

Have all the symptoms of pg although some are there some days and not others.

Has anybody had any experience of this at all? Am quite concerned this won't be a viable pregnancy and all this waiting about is incredibly hard work. Any advice would be gratefully received!!!

happygojo Tue 30-Jun-15 11:53:40

Hi, you are still super early to be testing.

HCG in your wee will vary with how concentrated your wee is, hence the reason you have some negatives and positives and some faint.

I would step away from the pregnancy tests and wait to see what your bloods say. No-one on here can tell you any more. If this pregnancy is viable then it will be viable, if it is not, it won't be. There is nothing you can do or not do.

I had a MC in September and I fell pregnant in November again. I am now 34 weeks.

Good luck xxx

SaulGood Tue 30-Jun-15 11:59:51

This chart gives you the expected levels and obviously, the range is huge.

Why are you having bloods done? Do you have a complicated history?

You are testing very early indeed. Obviously, the bloods will give you a much clearer picture but at 3-4 weeks pregnant you're still in a window where with a viable pregnancy you can expect faint lines or no lines on tests and with a non-viable chemical pregnancy, you will be seeing the same mix of results.

Only time will tell sadly. Good luck, fingers crossed for your next bloods.

Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Jun-15 14:11:05

Thanks ladies, I know what will be will be, it's ever so hard trying not to worry about it. I will let you know how the next blood test works out xxx

Rubberduck2 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:48:33

Anybody else had any experience with this??

Rubberduck2 Thu 02-Jul-15 12:49:31

Just to update you that I miscarried yesterday.. Thank you for your advice when I needed it x

Newtobecomingamum Thu 02-Jul-15 14:01:23

So so sorry to hear that. This happened to me and I found out by the HCG not rising through blood tests. Sadly it is so so common and happens to so many women.. Some women don't event realise.

When this happened to me, I fell pregnancy again a few months after. When it happened to my friend she fell pregnancy the month after... So when you are ready to try again, this will happen for you x

Rubberduck2 Thu 02-Jul-15 17:07:05

New - thank you for your post xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now