Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35+4 and cramping...

(5 Posts)
Firstbaby2015 Tue 30-Jun-15 10:03:12

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice really as this is my first and I have no idea what to expect...

I'm 35+4 and for the last day or so have been experiencing cramping across my bump and in my sides. When this started yesterday it was accompanied by an upset stomach (tmi, apologies!) but came and went.

Last night I was so bloody uncomfortable and couldn't sit still, but wasn't in any pain. Today the cramps (period/upset stomach like) are back and are stronger in my sides and now I have backache too. I don't think they're getting any worse, but now come along with waves of nausea too.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have had Braxton hicks on and off but have never been uncomfortable or painful.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Number3cometome Tue 30-Jun-15 10:13:57

Are the pains coming in regular waves? Are you timing them?

Firstbaby2015 Tue 30-Jun-15 10:18:55

I've been trying to but they're quite infrequent at the moment so not overly regular!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 30-Jun-15 10:24:25

I'd phone up triage to be on the safe side. It'll probably be fine, but if anything is happening prematurely they do like to do things such as steroid injections for the baby's lungs which needs 24 hours ideally, so they'd want you in earlier than a term labour.
Hopefully all will be fine though, good luck

Firstbaby2015 Tue 30-Jun-15 10:29:40

Thank you! I'm going to keep an eye on them over the next couple of hours and if they're still coming and going but not getting any worse I'll give them a call x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now