Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice needed, awaiting termination but struggling to cope with pregnancy symptoms

(4 Posts)
nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sun 28-Jun-15 17:51:04

I found out last week I was pregnant after being unwell for some time. we knew straight away we wouldn't keep the baby so contacted gp and arranged termination. However have to wait till 8th july for assessment then a few days later for actual termination. I have no idea how far along I am as ive been stressed and cant remember last period.

but im struggling I don't want this baby, I have 2 children already and me and dp were looking into sterilisation for one of us. im suffering with horrendous all day sickness, I cant eat hardly, cant drink and struggling with the smell of cooking. my head is pounding constantly, paracetamol doesn't do anything and im so tired. im going to bed before 9, struggling to get up at 730 and still fall asleep if I sit too long. I can feel myself snapping and being short tempered with dd's and then im angry with myself as its not their fault. on top of this I can feel my body changing and im so paranoid someone will notice my boobs have grown or the bloating.

I guess I Just want to know if anyone else has been through this and how did u cope? I just want to talk to someone, dp is great but can't understand what im going through.

Junosmum Sun 28-Jun-15 18:19:15

I'm really sorry that you are feeling this way. You've made a very brave and difficult decision. Could you speak to the GP about an anti-emetic to prevent you being sick- that should make the other symptoms easier to deal with.

Alternatively could you afford a private termination? They can usually see you same day or next day.

happygojo Sun 28-Jun-15 19:05:49

There is a pregnancy choices board on MN somewhere, you might get more useful advice there. I hope you get the help you need soon and that you feel better xxxx

Topsy34 Sun 28-Jun-15 19:55:19

The only thing i can think of is going to gp and getting an anti emetic to see you through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now