Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help for the bigger boobed!

(17 Posts)
MissTwister Sun 28-Jun-15 14:18:21

Hi All

I have big boobs, now at 35 weeks they are 40HH. Can someone tell me what on earth I do about nursing bras - they are all soft cup/non underwired. There is no way I can inflict this on the general public for the 6 odd months of breastfeeding!!!

What to do!?

OhEmGeee Sun 28-Jun-15 14:51:55

I'm an F cup and went to Bravissimo and got fitted properly and bought some lovely bras. Even now DS has stopped bf I've still gone back there.

GunShotResidue Sun 28-Jun-15 14:56:12

I bought normal bras from bravissimo and converted them to nursing bras with a lot from eBay.

GunShotResidue Sun 28-Jun-15 14:56:43

a kit from eBay, sorry

MissTwister Sun 28-Jun-15 15:46:23

OhEmGeee they had wired nursing bras at Bravissimo? I normally shop there but couldn't see any

Thanks GunShotResidue - was this easy to do? I have absolutely no sewing skills!!

ribbitTheFrog Sun 28-Jun-15 16:10:28

I think Hot Milk have larger sizes? I've been buying G cup nursing bras from them.

MissTwister Sun 28-Jun-15 16:34:56

I can find the sizes, it's just the underwired/soft cup issue. I can't really not wear underwired. Had a look at Hot Milk and they don't have any...

GunShotResidue Sun 28-Jun-15 16:37:35

It wasn't too hard. I didn't do it very neatly but I was more worried about it being strong!

DXBMermaid Sun 28-Jun-15 16:44:21

I just bought two bra's from cake lingerie today. The licorice twist in black and nude. I think their biggest size is 40H, but the cups are quite roomy as they have stretchy lace at the top. You could also use a back extender if you find them a bit tight. I think figleaves sells them online, but I bought mine in an independent shop.

The other ones I have are the Anita 5035. I bought mine on nursingbra.co.uk

These two both have underwire as I can't handle not having the support.

Lj8893 Sun 28-Jun-15 16:51:18

I had a very similar thread to this when I was pregnant. Eventually I just tried some normal non-wired soft cup nursing bras. And I didn't have a problem at all, they didn't give me the same shape as a wired bra would but really they weren't too bad at all!

Topsy34 Sun 28-Jun-15 16:56:40

Royce nursing bras are great, they support enough that you dont notice they dont have wire

nellorr Sun 28-Jun-15 17:02:13

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk

There's a brand called Anita that have underwire.

HazleNutt Sun 28-Jun-15 17:49:20

Yes, buy normal, underwired bras and convert yourself, it's very easy to do. Plenty of tutorials on internet too.

Rollermum Sun 28-Jun-15 17:58:28

I can't get on with underwire now post baby as it digs in more or something. I'm still BFing a 21 month old and pregnant again so resigned myself to a slightly rubbish boob effect for a while.

I'd advise waiting til post birth til buying bras for nursing in anyway and then see how you feel.

Augustwedding Sun 28-Jun-15 17:59:45

I have got the anita bra. Very comfortable and supportive with flexi wires so they do not dig in.

HazleNutt Sun 28-Jun-15 18:05:21

If OP is already an HH, Anita won't be big enough - I think their biggest size is J, and the sizing skips double letters, so it's not the same as J in other brands.

fanjodisfunction Sun 28-Jun-15 18:31:49

I got to HH when breast feeding in the first few weeks. I got a royce bra from bravissimo.

it wasn't underside but to be honest I didn't care at that stage it was so comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now