Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overdue advice please help!

(3 Posts)
MSMB Wed 24-Jun-15 08:00:54

I am 41 weeks and last week at 39+6 I had a sweep which obviously didn't work. Yesterday I requested another sweep and saw a different midwife who told me she didn't believe in medical intervention and sweeps and I should just be patient. Anyway I insisted I wanted one as I'm so uncomfortable and fed up. She attempted but told me that the baby was noway in position and a sweep wasn't possible! When I asked she said the baby must have moved out of place and not to expect her for at least another week! I was so shocked nothing else was really said but I've been stressed out about it all night. Can I insist on being induced before 42 week check up?

Newtobecomingamum Wed 24-Jun-15 08:07:13

Hi, I wouldn't be personally comfortable leaving it any longer and like you would insist on another sweep and being induced.

I won't go into details as I don't want to scare you etc but my cousin suffered a loss and the outcome was she she should have been induced and not left it so long.

You know your body and your baby is fully developed. I would personally insist on further action.

Also, try drinking loads of raspberry leaf tea, eat pineapple, hot curry, bounce of ball and long walk in the meantime. I didn't believe any of it until I did it all and next day had my little one. Worth a go.

Best of luck flowers

applecore0317 Wed 24-Jun-15 08:54:07

Each NHS is different, mine automatically booked me in for an induction at 40+12. Although I didn't need it, but worth asking what your local ones guidelines are and getting it booked.

Also when you had the first sweep did it say in your notes whether your baby was engaged, cervix favourable etc?

Apparently its rare for babies in first pregnancies to move out of position... does sound like she had a bit of a bee in her bonnet, you can always ask to see someone else if you are not happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now