Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements???

(5 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Tue 23-Jun-15 09:49:59

I'm 34+3, and at 33+5 I went to ghe hospital as I felt baby hadn't moved much within the past 12hours and was extremely worried. However they put me on a CTG monitor and found heartbeat straight away, although little one kept moving away. Midwife said he was moving around (she knew as the noise that was coming from the machine) but I couldn't feel anything??? Is this normal?

Also when the report came back as I was on monitor for 30mins, midwife & doctor both said baby is VERY ACTIVE. Can anyone tell me if this can be a bad thing? At 20week scan everything was normal including heart. Midwife said that day 'baby has a funny heart!' That absolutely panicked me and DH but then she said it's fine!

Absolutely fuming & upset about this can anyone give me some advise?
I am seeing my midwife this afternoon, anything I should be asking her about this?

MSMB Tue 23-Jun-15 10:45:37

I haven't really experienced this exactly but one time I was on the monitor to check movements and I couldn't feel the baby move unless I had my hands on my bump. I have an anterior placenta though so maybe that was the reason??
Not nice of them to stress you out but I'm sure if there was anything to worry about they would have told you. Hopefully your midwife will put your mind at ease later xx

caffiene99 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:59:07

I have an anterior placenta too so don't really feel much movement. This is my second pregnancy (I had an anterior placenta with the first too) so I tend not to think about it too much.

It might be worth checking your hospital notes as, if you have an anterior placenta too, it could explain why you don't feel the movements so easily.

MissTwister Tue 23-Jun-15 11:14:02

I don't have an anterior placenta but still can often only feel the majority of movements if I put my hand on my bump, am not sure why.

That was a silly thing for a MW to say but am sure it meant nothing. If baby had a 'funny heart' then I am sure they would be sending you straight for investigations.

I've been in with reduced movements and they're often not that clear - one doctor told me the heart rate was too high and I couldn't go until it had gone down. Ten minutes later another doctor described it as fine and told me to go.....

MumToBe2015R Tue 23-Jun-15 11:21:45

Thank you ladies. Yes I do have an anterior placenta, which true may be the cause of this. Will speak to m/w about what the other midwife said the other day & it's just worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now