Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gestational diabetic I've just had kit Kat feel really guilty !

(5 Posts)
Tia2005 Mon 22-Jun-15 21:23:12

For about a month I've had no chocolate and I've just had a kit Kat I've had s shit weekend I just really wanted it now I feel guilty

princessvikki Tue 23-Jun-15 09:46:03

I have no experience with gestational diabetes, except the horrible gtt test, but I would say everyone slips up occasionally with any change in diet, it's to late to change it now so don't beat yourself up just move on. flowers

IceLemonGin Tue 23-Jun-15 09:48:59

I have GD. Don't beat yourself up, drink plenty of water and go for a walk/do some exercise to burn off some sugar and get back on the wagon.

For a sweet treat, I can tollerate strawberries with double cream or a dark chocolate digestive if I team it with some protein.

How far along are you?

changingagain Tue 23-Jun-15 14:53:26

I don't think one sugar spike is anything to worry about.
Last week I ate shop bought mashed root veg. It was only after getting a really high reading that I checked the packet and realised it was 80% potato blush
I wish I had eaten a kitkat instead, at least I would have enjoyed the sugar spike.

quesadillas Tue 23-Jun-15 15:11:55

One slip won't matter. Are all your readings generally ok apart from then?

I haven't slipped up yet, but got close a couple of times!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now