Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain by where I wee

(8 Posts)
tinyme135 Mon 22-Jun-15 13:24:08

Sorry if this is going to be TMI but I just all of a sudden had shooting pains near where I wee and by my clitoris (can't spell it). I am 11 weeks pregnant and that's the only pain I'm getting now. I normally have this when I have a uti but I don't think I have one now so I'm a bit confused?

Fleecyleesy Mon 22-Jun-15 13:31:31

UTIs are much more common in pregnancy I think. Worth getting a urine sample checked IMO.

Lunastarfish Mon 22-Jun-15 14:01:15

I'm currently waiting test results for uti after suffering the exact same pain (I'm 37 weeks). See your gp as they are common in pregnancy and can be serious if ignored.

tinyme135 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:55:52

It's trying to get into my docs that's the problem. I'm not getting any other symptoms to it though but do you think it could be that.

TreeSparrow Mon 22-Jun-15 15:17:23

UTI symptoms aren't as clear cut during pregnancy. You can have one without any pain or burning. Do get tested.

tinyme135 Mon 22-Jun-15 15:42:32

I'll see if my OH will take me to walk in once I finished work

LostMySocks Mon 22-Jun-15 22:15:03

Your maternity assessment unit may also be able to treat UTIs. I had one when pregnant with DS. I had hideous pain. tMI alert: They gave me some fab drugs that changed me from weeing in agony every 10 mins to able to sleep for 3 hours within 6 hours. Apparently UTIs can irritate womb later in pregnancy and may eventually lead to prem labour so best get it sorted.

LorryHen Mon 22-Jun-15 22:43:19

When I called my gp last week with signs of a uti they got my an emergency appointment the same day as I'm 21 weeks.

I left mine a few days before going to the GP about it and I regret it so much. I was in extreme pain with it so don't just leave it. I had a course of antibiotics and am only just feeling better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now