Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hating Pregnancy.. Have months to go!

(25 Posts)
Newtobecomingamum Sun 21-Jun-15 11:12:39

I feel so guilty and selfish writing this but I hate pregnancy. Is it just me??

DS1 I had HG the whole pregnancy and felt awful the whole time.

I always wanted 2 children and didn't want DS1 to be an only child.

12 weeks pregnant now and I don't retreat it at all as I love the baby growing inside me but I just hate pregnancy. Have HG again, tired all the time, can't play or do anything with my son and just feel that I am constantly constantly moaning...

I try so hard to not moan so much, but where I feel so crap and can't do anything it's really getting me down.

I wish I could enjoy it sad

Lottiedoubtie Sun 21-Jun-15 11:14:19

flowers

I hated pregnancy too (also had HG). It's ok, it's a totally normal reaction to feeling so dreadful. It will pass- I promise!

Newtobecomingamum Sun 21-Jun-15 11:18:42

I hope so.. I feel horrendously guilty hating pregnancy when others have suffered losses or difficulties etc. I am bloody lucky but just can't get positive or excited.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates it. Poor husband don't know how an earth he puts up with me!!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 21-Jun-15 11:20:17

I have suffered losses but still hated every minute of pregnancy. I find it utterly grim. So don't feel guilty for your feelings!

Newtobecomingamum Sun 21-Jun-15 12:05:46

Sorry to hear about your losses Humphrey. Thank you for your msg x

Testingthename Sun 21-Jun-15 12:22:51

I know how you are feeling op I'm 15 weeks with dc2 but this pregnancy is so different to my first- I'm so sick this time feel utterly grotty, plus have toddler dd to look after so no let up! My friends with 2 are taking great pleasure in pointing out that this is the easy bit and the real fun will start when dc2 arrives- they can sod off !
Let's hope we feel human soon op.
It doesn't help I'm not blooming I look like utterly shit and just quite fat no nice bump yet

MissBananaMama Sun 21-Jun-15 12:27:34

I feel the same. Currently on DC4 and 6th pregnancy... If it wasn't for the fact that the outcome of this 9 months is so unbelievably worth it, I'm not sure I'd have done it so many times.

I feel terribly miserable, tired, sick, grumpy, tearful, guilty as I feel like I'm neglecting my 3 DC as I'm not as attentive as I usually am due to exhaustion. I have heartburn, piles, bloating... I'm 20 weeks. The only advice I can offer is to imagine yourself in a few months time with your little bundle in your arms and it will be totally worth it. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck

MissBananaMama Sun 21-Jun-15 12:30:56

Testing I did find the jump from 1 to 2 children quite hard at first but you very soon get into a routine and it's so lovely watching your 2 children bond. Once you've had 2 though, adding another in is a piece of cake ;)

originalusernamefail Sun 21-Jun-15 12:34:59

I'm also 12 weeks pregnant and I could have written your post word for word Newtobe! I needed treatment to conceive this baby and I am so so happy to be pg but with this HG, exhaustion and pain, January seems soo far away. sad

HumphreyCobbler Sun 21-Jun-15 13:32:00

I found life with a newborn and a toddlers lots easier than being pg with a toddler. People who think otherwise had easier pregnancies than I did! It was an absolute breeze compared with pregnancy.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 21-Jun-15 13:32:37

of course being pregnant WITH a toddler would be especially grim. You know what I meant though!

MissBananaMama Sun 21-Jun-15 13:39:01

Ha Humphrey! Anything is easier than pregnancy right now IMO

chopsface Sun 21-Jun-15 15:43:16

Hi ladies, I'm also hating pregnancy! Currently 14 weeks with dc1. I just want to feel like me again! I'm tired, sick, nauseous. I've not been able to eat properly or do any exercise, including tidying the house which is depressing to live in currently. I don't understand how anyone can say they enjoy being pregnant! I never want to do it again!

LoopingLizards Sun 21-Jun-15 17:02:36

I am 21 weeks and can totally sympathise. I have HG too and I think it makes pregnancy so bloody hard. I. Have two dcs who must be pretty neglected almost at this stage because I am just not able. I watch with complete jealousy while family and friends bask in the glow of pregnancy(my sister LOVED pregnancy) and sometimes it makes me feel a little sad that I can't enjoy this. But I have been here before and know that I love that I am pregnant and making a new life just not the process!
testing For what it's worth, I was so sick with dc2 that actually having two dcs was a piece of cake compared to HG pregnancy with one! It gets better!

Gillian1980 Sun 21-Jun-15 17:13:06

Yep. 31 weeks and have barely enjoyed a day if it - it's been horrific!

I'm delighted to be pregnant and to be having our DD but the day to day experience is not nice at all.

NerrSnerr Sun 21-Jun-15 17:19:16

I hated every day of being pregnant, I was just so tired, sore and poorly all the way through. Everyone saying 'just wait until the baby's here and you'll feel tired then' was just horrific and made me cry all the bloody time. She arrived, and recovering from a c section with a newborn was so much better than pregnancy. At least I could sleep for the short time she slept instead of having hip pain and a huge bump!

Aaahhhh it feels so good to write that down.

NighteyesLovesGingerbread Sun 21-Jun-15 18:38:51

I'm 9 weeks and hating it! really really wondering why on earth I'm putting myself through this again. hated my previous pregnancies too. and my closest friends both had fertility issues so I cant complain to them as I know I'm just bloody lucky to be pregnant.

I'm sick of feeling sick, not being able to eat, my back hurts already (SPD) and I'm knackered! and I have 3 DC to chase after.

grump grump grump

gosh it feels nice to moan!

mrshjb Sun 21-Jun-15 19:41:58

I hates being pregnant too. DS is now nearly 6 months and having a baby has been so much easier than being pregnant. I still feel incredibly happy to be able to bend over and get comfy in bed and run up the stairs and lie on my stomach and back etc etc etc! Pregnancy is crap. Good luck everyone!

mrshjb Sun 21-Jun-15 19:42:23

*hated

Newtobecomingamum Sun 21-Jun-15 19:59:27

Thanks everyone for sharing all your experiences and sorry to hear you are all feeling just as bad!!.... Comforting knowing I'm not the only one hating pregnancy so much!!

Roll on.. Due dates!! : D Xx

Rollermum Sun 21-Jun-15 20:10:25

Glad there is somewhere to moan! I am 10 weeks, feel sick all the time. Exhausted. Weepy. I can't cry though because crying (or coughing too much, or brushing my teeth) makes me gag.

My poor lovely 22 month old DD is a bit neglected and I have no energy to do anything. Scared of life with toddler and newborn and having to work freelance all at the same time. Arghhh!

Hope we all feel better soon.

NighteyesLovesGingerbread Mon 22-Jun-15 07:45:59

roller I have exactly the same with the crying/coughing/brushing teeth thing! also happens if I laugh too much!

and just like my previous pregnancies I only want to eat beige food - nuts, bread, pasta, crisps, crackers etc. I long for fruit but the thought turns my stomach!

PiercedMrsL Tue 23-Jun-15 22:37:10

Ohhh this thread could have been written by me! I'm 34 weeks and so far have hated pretty much every minute of pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to meet the baby but I can't wait for pregnancy to be over! I don't think it helps that my husband has been away since end of April and won't be home till end of July... Or maybe that's a good thing with how cranky I've been grin

Bellabutterfly2014 Wed 24-Jun-15 07:03:23

Just seen the thread - I feel the same - 18wks after 3 miscarriages so delighted to have got this far but feeling rotten.
I'd always wanted 2 children but this pregnancy is putting me off.
I feel sick (but not actually been sick which is worse), bloated tummy, constipation and extreme tiredness which is making me very grumpy.

Hats off to the ladies with 3+ kids you need medals!!!!!

At only 18 weeks I feel like going on maternity leave now!!! Working until October doesn't seem like fun at all!!! Xxx

slightlyconfused85 Wed 24-Jun-15 07:11:47

I absolutely hate it. 20 weeks of sickness, almost permanent constipation and a third trimester of exhaustion, poor sleep and a baby with a foot stuck right In my ribs. 3ish weeks left off second pregnancy and this will def be my last because I hate it so much. I will love baby of course and dd will hopefully benefit from her sibling but no way will there be more! Don't feel bad and counting down on your behalf!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now