Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks - pain under right rib

(6 Posts)
Sheepoverthemoon Sat 20-Jun-15 16:12:21

I've had this pain before, but this is worse and has been for longer. Worse when sitting, eases when lying on left side. Don't think she is kicking under ribs, is this just normal growing pains? Thanks

RockerMummy184 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:10:59

I had this with ds. Turned out his foot was jammed right under my rib. After he was born we had to do exercises with his foot to get it to go back to its normal position coz it had been stuck so long it was permanently bent back over. He's perfectly fine now, but Christ was it uncomfortable!!!

Twinwife Sat 20-Jun-15 18:56:07

I had this, turns out it was his head digging in! Pain went after the birth but still get niggles now, hope it's manageable with paracetamol

Sheepoverthemoon Sat 20-Jun-15 19:22:25

Hi rockermummy, did this cause any problems with labour?
Thanks twinwife, the pain is on and off, mainly when I'm sitting, on all my me checks, head has been down, so might just be feet digging in

MehsMum Sat 20-Jun-15 20:19:44

Sounds like feet in the ribs (in my experience it goes with fists in the bladder...)

If it is the feet, it sounds like a good lie for the baby to be in. I had exactly this problem and my labours went fine smile

MissTwister Sat 20-Jun-15 22:27:18

I have very bad pain on left rib but I'm not convinced it's a foot as I feel the kicks a bit lower. I think maybe everything is just jammed up and crushing rib. Try stretching up against a wall. And taking my bra off helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now