Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When is a bump a bump?

(3 Posts)
Frillsandspills Fri 19-Jun-15 16:36:47

Possibly a silly question but I'm 14 weeks with my first and I've had a lot of bloat at the beginning of my pregnancy but now it seems to have gone.
I usually have a really at stomach but at the minute it is quite rounded at the bottom and does look 'bump like' but I can still sort of squeeze it in when I tense my tummy muscles so I'm guessing it's not a baby bump? Or can baby bumps go down a bit when you tense?
Sorry it's such a silly question but I don't particularly feel bloated so I just wondered..
Also, when did you notice a slight bump with your first?

knittingirl Fri 19-Jun-15 16:42:37

I think by 14 weeks with my first I was having to use a hair bobble to do my jeans up because the button couldn't reach, so I figured there was some baby there ;) Just because you can pull it in doesn't mean it's not baby - baby is just small enough that everything else can squish out of the way.

In both pregnancies, I've "felt" like I had a bump, when I looked pregnant rather than just fat grin

lemon101 Sat 20-Jun-15 00:09:52

Hello! So I am 16 weeks and over the last 2 weeks popped. I had the same question at 14 wks as had been mega bloated for ages. At 14 wks I started to get a slightly rounder pot belly in the bloat - but still did not look pregnant (but knew on some level it was different). Then by beginning of 15 weeks all of a sudden it was round and very firm and obviously bump.

Hope that helps!

It was really fast and tbh freaked me out a little. When it turns into bump you def know however.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now