Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP....I'm stuck in the bath

(15 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:34:03

In my wisdom I drained the water out before getting out and now I don't have the buoyancy to help me into an upright position to get out. blush DH will have to come and laugh at me help. What a stupid thing to do!

Iloveonionchutney Wed 17-Jun-15 21:35:09

Been there, done that!

halfwayupthehill Wed 17-Jun-15 21:37:50

At least you have your phone with you and hopefully left door unlocked. Can you refill the bath.

Gillian1980 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:39:37

Yup, I've been there this week sad

LittleBearPad Wed 17-Jun-15 21:40:55

Been there. Can you twist to one side at all

BlueBananas Wed 17-Jun-15 21:41:33

Refill the bath!

Chocolateporridge Wed 17-Jun-15 21:44:22

Ha ha ha, I did that too with my first dc but when the water drained out my humongous pregnancy bum had made a dam so that all the water that was behind me...stayed behind me. Thankfully the door was open so dh could come in and have a good laugh and then eventually get me out with the use of strategically placed towels and threats of calling the fire brigade!

BurntToast89 Thu 18-Jun-15 00:54:40

Hahaha. I'm sorry about laughing but I'm going through this phase now. It's a nasty habit draining the water first. How far along are you?

BettyCatKitten Thu 18-Jun-15 01:05:20

I done that when pg with twins. The only person at home was ds (18). I had to try and cover myself with towels while he helped me out. He told me it emotionally scarred himgrin

AlpacaMyBags Thu 18-Jun-15 02:18:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SavoyCabbage Thu 18-Jun-15 06:14:22

I've done it too.

And I was reading 'And then there were none' by Agatha Christie where people get bumped off when by themselves in rooms in a house. Was both stuck and terrified.

Nottalotta Thu 18-Jun-15 08:52:34

I had never heard of draining the water out before getting out until mumsnet. Why? But that probably because baths were always shared in our house.

DH keeps asking if i want a bath. I'm down to about two a week and we don't have a shower. I do thoroughly wash twice a day but a bath is no longer enjoyable.

fattymcfatfat Thu 18-Jun-15 08:59:25

I've only got 5 weeks left and have discovered that I tend to almost live in the bath when at the end of pregnancy. I've not got stuck yet though, but that's possibly because I can't get in or out without help anyway thanks to SPD. but if I could I can definitely see myself doing something like that.

RockerMummy184 Thu 18-Jun-15 09:34:52

Burnt I am 22 weeks. Betty it's twins here too!

Nottalotta I don't usually drain the water out first, but I was feeling a bit warm last night, so thought if I drain it while I'm still in it, I'll cool down more slowly than I would if i just jumped straight out and reduce my risk of fainting.

Wasn't really an option to fill the bath back up as I was laid at the other end to the taps, otherwise I think this would have been the winning solution.
Turning over was also impossible due to the width of my bath and SPD.
Also, I managed to create a little air lock type thing at the bottom of my back which sort of suctioned me to the bottom of the tub! HA!

Luckily my bath has handles, so with great difficulty I managed to pull myself along with the handles and pull my legs up as far as I could to my chest (which you'll gather was not vary far!) then drag myself into a sitting position. All very undignified! grin

MissTwister Thu 18-Jun-15 13:40:38

The only way I can get out now is 'whaling' myself around onto all fours and hoisting myself up. Would never have a bath without husband in house though as terrified of getting stuck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now