Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Non stick pan - having a major panic

(7 Posts)
chocfireguard Wed 17-Jun-15 19:27:07

So, dh made a stir fry in a non stick pan, and he massively burnt it. He then added water, to get all the crap off the bottom. I was so exhausted, I just ate, despite the brown sticky liquid that my food was coated in. I'm now terrified that non stick is toxic and I could have harmed the baby???? I'm 6 weeks. Anyone done this and all turned out ok??????

GwenStacy Wed 17-Jun-15 19:29:12

The brown sticky liquid is just caramelised food, you've not consumed any non-stick coating smile

chocfireguard Wed 17-Jun-15 19:46:10

Thank you so so much. The pan has no scratches as it is quite new, and when I cleaned it, the coating didn't look damaged. I just don't know of the chemicals would have transferred? Neurotic first timer...

Snowflake15 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:47:03

You will be fine try not to worry

chocfireguard Wed 17-Jun-15 19:48:10

Thank you snowflowers

Cherryblossomsinspring Wed 17-Jun-15 20:02:34

You probably got more chemicals washing your hair this morning. You are constantly surrounded by chemicals that are not good for you. You just have to live life normally. Every person you see everywhere was once a baby that made it.

MissTwister Wed 17-Jun-15 21:24:44

There's no way a layer of non stick came off - is that even possible! And if were it wouldn't be toxic.

Forget about it and get your husband to fetch cake to make up for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now