Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal for movements to be less at 33wks?

(8 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Tue 16-Jun-15 18:06:50

I'm 33+3 & have been feeling less movements than before since yesterday. Not as frequent as before. Is this something to be concerned about or common due to having less room to move around?

Whatabout Tue 16-Jun-15 18:08:06

Ring your maternity triage, any change in movement needs looking at.

HelenF350 Tue 16-Jun-15 18:08:37

Agreed please phone.

Earthbound Tue 16-Jun-15 18:09:12

Reduced movement can be an indication of a problem and should always be reported to a midwife. If you are worried please phone your midwife or maternity unit.

Tamisara Tue 16-Jun-15 18:27:14

As others have said please get it checked out ASAP.

It is simply not true that babies run out of room... the movements may change, but it is a gradual thing, and you will be aware of baby's pattern.

Hope everything is OK x

fanjodisfunction Tue 16-Jun-15 18:29:23

agree with everyone else, please get checked out, any change in movement should be checked out be it slowing down or speeding up.

MumToBe2015R Tue 16-Jun-15 22:25:04

Thank you for all your replies. I am at the hospital now, been put on the machine to check heartbeat. Very active baby. Heartbeat is normal, but weird thing is I still can't feel movement. And the midwife is saying he's definetly moving because of what results machine is giving them. Anyone else ever experience this?

Sparky888 Tue 16-Jun-15 22:33:46

I had that this week at 31 weeks: ctg showed/heard movements but I just couldn't feel them. Midwife said it could be due to baby in a new position and now after a few days I can feel them more. She said if it happens again I should go straight back in though too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now