Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea at 38 weeks

(4 Posts)
sarah00001 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:41:11

Hello, for the past few days I've been getting bouts of nausea. I've read that this is a sign that labour is very imminent. Does anyone know if this is true? I also get waves of exhaustion. Thank you, Sarah

coneywonder Tue 16-Jun-15 13:20:15

Hi I'm 37 weeks and also experiencing both the fatigue and nausea. It's hard to say it could just be what happens at the late stages. I know nausea can mean labour is coming but ive had it on and off for 2 weeks now. Pfffff

NickyEds Tue 16-Jun-15 13:22:25

Is your baby breech? My dd is and it's made me feel nauseous- must be the way her head is pressing on my stomach??? Could just be end of pregnancy knackered!

Pinksuitcase Tue 16-Jun-15 13:41:26

I've had nausea on and off since 33 weeks and been hospitalised twice for iv fluids following severe vomiting, in 37+4 and no sign of baby yet! Getting lots of backache, period type pains etc. This is baby #2 and so very different from 1st labour (induced 48hrs after waters went, delivered at 40+4)

I feel dreadful, im on anti emetics to stop me being sick but feel totally wiped out!

Drs at hospital think it's just pregnancy related and will go when I deliver, but won't induce until 40+10!!!!!

Hope you feel better soon and baby appears for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now