Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else overdue and feel like baby will never arrive

(19 Posts)
Mcbw Sun 14-Jun-15 05:49:02

I'm 40+4 with DC2. Was induced at 41+6 with DC1. Don't feel like labour is going to start as much as I am willing it on. Feeling seriously fed up, don't want to go through an induction again as have planned to go to the MW led birthing centre which won't be possible if have to be induced.
Anyone else overdue? How are you feeling?

RabidFairy Sun 14-Jun-15 06:12:32

Yep, me. Sympathies for the fed up feeling OP!

Went into labour after a sweep with DC1 (9 days overdue). 4 hours after the sweep my waters broke and she was born the following lunchtime. Wonderful.

DC2 went overdue by 12 days and a sweep at 9 days over did nothing, so I was induced. However things had already started gently moving along so they broke my waters artificially and he was born 4 1/2 hours later. No induction drugs required or anything like that. Still wonderful.

DC3 is currently overdue by 9 days. I had a sweep on Friday where I was told my cervix was ripe and favourable (just like I was told with DC2) but nothing seems to be happening. Have been doing lots of walking and had sex last night, but nothing.

Am feeling very fed up indeed. Like you I had plans to go to the local MLU, although I think that's out anyway as my haemoglobin levels are too low (am going to ring them today to get that confirmed). Am irrationally cross with my body that after a natural labour with DC1 it seems to have forgotten what to do in these subsequent pregnancies.

The midwife did say that I should ring them on Monday if labour hadn't started and they'd do another sweep for me, so I will do that if I'm still here then. I am booked in for an induction on Thursday evening, but I'm hoping to have something happening by then so I can have as hands-off an induction as possible, like with DC2.

Mcbw Sun 14-Jun-15 06:24:17

It's so frustrating isn't it, which isn't helped by constant texts / calls of 'any signs yet?'
Im irrationally cross with my body too - that it just doesn't seem to know how to go into labour when it's time. As ridiculous as it sounds I feel like a failure. flowers
Keeping fingers crossed for you that something happens before Thursday.

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sun 14-Jun-15 08:51:56

Me! Totally understand how you both feel. I'm 40+3 with DC2 and absolutely exhausted. Was induced with high blood pressure with dd. It was awful, really hoping to avoid it this time and to have a much more gentle experience. Still time so here's hoping - although would prefer sooner rather than later!

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sun 14-Jun-15 08:53:10

And oh god yes! The texts! Been getting that since 38 weeks because bump so low. Bugger off everyone!

RabidFairy Sun 14-Jun-15 12:43:06

My mum is irritating me by ringing every day, sometimes twice. It's particularly annoying as she is our childcare person so if anyone was going to be contacted in the event of labour, it would be her!

Good luck Mcbw and OneFlew, hope we're all holding our babies before too much longer, preferably after nice natural labours!

hullabaloo234 Sun 14-Jun-15 12:55:07

I can totally sympathise, the bloody texts never stop do they!
I'm not overdue, 40 wks exactly today but massively fed up. Hoping my sweep on Tues does something. Have you had any sweeps yet?

If you are wanting the MLU I will keep everything crossed for you that you go onto labour naturally and make it, but from my personal experience my induction with DC1 was really positive so try not to stress if you do need one, they aren't always awful smile

hullabaloo234 Sun 14-Jun-15 12:55:49

oops sorry just seen you have already had an inductionblush

Mcbw Sun 14-Jun-15 16:06:16

Yeah I had a sweep (reluctantly) on due date. Didn't do abything and won't be having another. As much as i will the baby to come I think it will come when ready.
He's hoping we don't have to wait too long!

Flisspaps Sun 14-Jun-15 16:10:52

You are aware that you can decline induction, aren't you? It's up to you whether or not you agree to it.

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Sun 14-Jun-15 16:35:48

Thanks rabid, same to you. Of course you can decline induction but sometimes the best and safest option on balance.

Mcbw Sun 14-Jun-15 20:44:56

Yes - don't think I would be brave enough to decline induction. Plus as DC1 was 10lb at 2 weeks over and this one is predicted to be similar size I darent give it anymore growing time

Purpleboa Mon 15-Jun-15 08:37:55

I was going to decline induction but then I read that stillbirth risk goes up the more overdue a baby is. As unpleasant as induction sounds, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Still hoping my baby decides to arrive under her own steam of course!

Not yet overdue (due date tomorrow) but starting to get seriously fed up..m

hullabaloo234 Mon 15-Jun-15 09:00:14

My induction was nothing but positive-really couldn't have gone better so they aren't always awful! Yes the pain is a bit intense a bit quicker but this is manageable with gas and air or an epidural if you want to just sleep through it as my best friend did grinwoke up, was fully dilated and baby was born 28 mins later! I'd definitely consider this option if I end up with another induction- 40+1 now so it's a distinct possibility!

chicarubia Mon 15-Jun-15 10:08:14

I'm also overdue- 40+8 today with my first baby and really really keen to avoid an induction, not least because I'm planning a home birth. Fingers crossed my sweep later today will have an effect but I don't think it will unless the baby is ready to come.
Its rubbish people constantly asking for news isn't it?!

Arabgirl Tue 08-Dec-15 12:19:02

Hi ladies,

I'm researching longer pregnancies in the UK over the past three years with the aim of bringing to light this under-reported topic.
I've had two longer pregnancies myself (42 weeks and 43 + 1 weeks), so it's a topic close to my heart, and I'm hoping to gather information looking at post-term pregnancy across the UK.

If you've had a post-term pregnancy, please could you take a few moments to answer this short survey?

goo.gl/forms/vSFr4yzVeE

Thanks in advance for your help and best wishes,

Magda

Magda Ibrahim

Mimilicious013 Tue 08-Dec-15 12:35:18

I was booked to have an induction of dd and surely dreaded it.walked around the neighbourhood like a mad woman then went up and down my door stairs again like a mad woman.felt so tired and slept but woke up in the morning in labour (just a few hours b4 booking in time) it won't hurt to try ,it rescued me from my 4th induction.

Mimilicious013 Tue 08-Dec-15 12:36:26

Good luck hey!

lemon101 Tue 08-Dec-15 14:11:37

Can I join? 40+2 here and this is my first so no idea what is goiing on and constantly fooling myself into thinking that 'this is it'. The 10 billion texts a day are not helping with my ability to chill out and just wait - its as if people think its intentional the baby hasn't appeared!

Currently bouncing away on birth ball and convincing myself this is working....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now