Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you guess th gender of my baby from my 11+3 days scan picture?

(18 Posts)
nomez92 Sat 13-Jun-15 19:42:09

Hi there ladies,

Im currently 14 weeks pregnant with our third child, we have two beautiful little girls and obviously are hoping our third and final is going to be a little boy! as long as the baby is healthy is definitely all that matters and we won't be disspointed either way! I'm a big believer in 'whats meant to be will be' but thats not saying I'm not a little (husband would say a lot!!) wink impatient! I would absolutely love nub/skull theory based guesses on what you guys think! I will let you all know wether you were right as soon as I've been for my 20 week scan

Thank you smile x

Roseybee10 Sat 13-Jun-15 22:40:24

I can't really see a nub sorry. Apparently before 12 weeks the nub theory isn't very reliable.
Going by the skull theory it looks like a boy but then my dd2 had a male shaped skull according to the skull theory at 11+6.

Unfortunately I think 12 weeks to 14 weeks is the optimum time for both skull and nub theory.

Are you going to find out at 20 weeks? X

Roseybee10 Sat 13-Jun-15 22:40:58

Sorry didn't read that right. Bet you can't wait to find out. X

nomez92 Sun 14-Jun-15 09:42:45

It looks different to my girls scans but not really that much! Yes super excited to find out, I'm currently trying to twist my husbands arm into letting us pay for one of the gender scans at 16 weeks. I'd just like to start buying for this baby as soon as possible and would rather not wait another 5 weeks

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sun 14-Jun-15 09:45:06

Sex
Just saying. Foetuses have a sex not a gender.
Good luck smile

twinsandapenguin Mon 15-Jun-15 13:23:12

These threads always attract one person who wants to be pedantic about sex v gender!
I would guess another girl OP, best of luck!

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Mon 15-Jun-15 13:34:42

Yep because it's a very important distinction

nomez92 Mon 15-Jun-15 16:05:21

Yup there's always one! Somebody might want to tell the scanning hospitals that advertise 'GENDER scans' that they've got it all wrong! Thanks for your guess twinsandapenguin smile

Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:04:54

Hi Nomez, it's my 1st baby and I'm trying to get my partner to agree to a gender scan too; I'm 16 weeks now but this was taken at 13 weeks - what do people think to this?

nomez92 Mon 15-Jun-15 20:00:59

Hi bellabutterfly I want to say girl as skull and facially looks like dd1s 12 week scan picture. Congratulations on your first baby! I'll bet your due around the same time as me smile

Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 15-Jun-15 20:44:38

Thanks Nomez;
I'm due 27th November - what's your due date? X

Roseybee10 Mon 15-Jun-15 20:54:44

Bella I would guess girl for you. X

Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 15-Jun-15 21:23:09

Thanks Roseybee - will keep working on my partner would love a gender scan, it's not even about the money as my Mum offered to treat us I'm not sure why he doesn't fancy it. He said he wants a surprise but my excuse is - it'll be easier to plan!!! We've had words about it tonight!!!! Xx

CaptainAnkles Mon 15-Jun-15 21:28:12

The hospital shouldn't advertise it as a gender scan either though.

nomez92 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:07:31

Oh lovely I'm due 8th December I'm dreading having 3 lots of christmas presents to buy every year plus 2 December birthdays! Dd1s birthday is 29th confused better get dh to start putting in some overtime! Haha oh dear! A supreme would be lovely but I for one am definitely not patient enough! It is a LOT easier to prepare once you know the sex as everything seems to be so gender specific ie pink/blue I've twisted hubby's arm and am having the sexing scan next Thursday! grin will let you know when I do

nomez92 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:09:13

Suprise that was supposed to say not supreme! Damn auto correct!

Bellabutterfly2014 Tue 16-Jun-15 21:03:47

Hi Nomez - yes keep me posted, I'll try to convince my partner and see what he says.
Sounds like December is going to be an expensive month but a lovely time for you too.
I bet you can't wait!!!
You're right about everything being pink/blue - and I think those things are nicer than white or lemon but will have to keep working on my partner!!! Xxx

nomez92 Thu 25-Jun-15 19:10:21

I've been for my scan today and we are finally expecting a baby boy! Absolutely over the moon! Did you convince your partner to let you have a sexing scan Bella? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now