Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain advice

(5 Posts)
SpoonBender Sat 13-Jun-15 17:17:22

Hi,I'm just looking for some advice on what to do. I'm 35 weeks and due to finish work morrow. I work in the hospital and was working today when a patient I was walking with fell. I naturally tried to catch him without thinking and have really hurt my back/groins. He was quite a large patient so was a lot of weight. Only now it hurts to even lift my legs and feels like they are twisted at the top of my groins. I have had paracetamol and a bath and it's no better. Should I get it checked out or am I being silly?

MrsAnxiety1 Sat 13-Jun-15 17:21:32

I'd get checked out to put your mind at rest, though I'm not sure they'll be able to do anything if it is a soft tissue injury, but they'll be able to give you a good look over.

Your employer (NHS) should have an accident book for this sort of thing to be recorded in, so it might be worth mentioning to your department head or line manager etc.

Hope you feel better soon and take it easy!

SpoonBender Sat 13-Jun-15 17:28:39

I don't think they could do anything either and baby is moving as normal! Just painful to walk/ move.

popalot Sat 13-Jun-15 19:27:22

Yes, get it checked - occy health might be able to help relieve it somehow.

purplemurple1 Sat 13-Jun-15 19:29:34

Have you any heat bags I fond they help with soft tissue pain. Also Vicks helped a bit on my back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now