Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant and going to Glastonbury

(18 Posts)
melonface Thu 11-Jun-15 09:41:14

Hello!

This will be glastonbury #5 for me but I will be taking some 'extra luggage' as I'll be 9 weeks pregnant! There's a group of 13 of us going so that's a lot of people to keep it hidden from and I'm already wondering how I'll do it. I think I'll be carrying DH's empty beer cans round in my hand to avoid suspicion.

If you're in the same boat feel free to join in and chat smile

I've been really lucky so far symptoms wise, mile nausea but not been sick. Hoping I survive the long drops!

Emjones88 Thu 11-Jun-15 22:15:43

Ah good luck! I was supposed to be going but working too. I decided at 6/7weeks, now 11, that i wasn't going, I felt SO terrible with nausea and tiredness and few other general pregnancy woes and couldn't risk letting my team down last minute. I typically feel generally really well and my normal self now. But We had night shifts and I still think the tiredness might have killed me.

Massively gutted to not be going to one of the best places in the world but there will be another year.

If your group are trustworthy, right type of people I would be tempted to tell them. Then they can look out for you in crowds, the heat (fingers crossed for you) and tiredness.

P.S Hand sanitiser under your nose is a life saver I found. Have fun! X

Skiptonlass Fri 12-Jun-15 08:01:22

Have fun! Be aware that you'll need plenty of water and make sure you don't overheat it get dehydrated.

Also go find a hand sanitiser that works against BOTH bacteria and viruses (most don't have much anti vital action) and use it.

frangipani13 Fri 12-Jun-15 09:11:34

Definitely tell your friends so they can look out for you. Being pushed and shoved around isn't nice although I guess at 9 weeks your little one is still miniscule! I'd take lots of cereal bars and snacks for those hunger pangs. Enjoy! V jealous. 25 weeks here and festivals/gigs feel like a distant memory

BowiesJumper Fri 12-Jun-15 09:44:54

If you're peeing lots, then I recommend a 'bog in a bag' for use during the night in your tent porch. Saves to-ing and fro-ing to the portaloos in the middle of the night! I've taken one for the past few years (when not pregnant!) and it's been a god send at night when you need a wee and just can't be arsed to get up.

melonface Fri 12-Jun-15 09:49:29

Thanks bowie DH and me were discussing buying something like this!

We won't be telling any of our friends just yet due to past experience with miscarriage. Seen beans heartbeat though so feeling positive!

Cornberry Fri 12-Jun-15 10:28:54

I'm so jealous! A bit of advice (probably very obvious) but be super careful what you eat. A girl was in the news recently having caught a horrific illness (can't remember the name of it) from eating some chicken at a festival. Also I don't know what kind of friends you have but I know people whose friends think it's funny to spike their drinks with drugs at festivals. Perhaps telling your friends would guard against this sort of thing? Sorry to be dramatic! Glastonbury is definitely the best festival to be with child at!

appleoftheluck Fri 12-Jun-15 10:37:31

Yay!! I'm pregnant and I'll be there. I'm really excited! ��

melonface Fri 12-Jun-15 10:43:54

CornBerry I think I eat better at Glastonbury than I do for the rest of the year but will be extra careful. As for the drink spikes, I don't have any friends that would do something like that so that's not a worry (do people really do that to their 'friends' ?!)

apple enjoy! How far along are you?

appleoftheluck Fri 12-Jun-15 11:22:04

I'll be 24 weeks so will hopefully taking it fairly easy and not jumping about too much. I'm curious about finding the radical midwives tent and will probably spend my whole time eating lots of different yummy foods!

melonface Fri 12-Jun-15 12:15:05

Sounds brilliant! I think they do bump painting at one of the fields? Mines just bloat mind you!

appleoftheluck Fri 12-Jun-15 12:39:55

You will have to have a secret bump painting done otherwise I think your friends will definitely guess!!

Racheyg Fri 12-Jun-15 13:15:39

Hope you have a great t time. I did glasto at 36 weeks pregnant in 2013 and had a great time. Lots of others in same boat and people are considerate.

I drenched a silk scarf in perfume and wrapped near my nose to hide the long drop smell xx

melonface Fri 12-Jun-15 14:54:43

Wow rachy 36 weeks is hardcore!

Racheyg Fri 12-Jun-15 19:18:46

I have to admit we had a motor home rather than a tent but the hill going up to the motorhome campsite was a killer as it was so steep.

It's always a huge benefit if it's dry as it can be difficult to walk in thick, sticky mud when preggo grin

ChandlersFarang Sat 13-Jun-15 05:37:49

I'm going this year too... Will be my 6th Glasto in a row but my first ever pregnant, lol! I'll be 15 weeks that weekend. Super excited even if it's going to be a VERY different experience to the usual madness!!

Pregnancy festival hacks I'm going to be trying which others might find useful:
- getting DH to carry a fold-up chair for me - if it rains I'm not going to last long standing up all the time!
- a shewee so I don't have to mess around in the toilets for ages...
- peebol (google it! Got mine from same place as shewee) which are the bags someone mentioned before that you can pee in in the tent at night!
- a million wet wipes to keep up the hygiene when not in shower (getting a UTI during the festival would be a total bitch!)
- super comfy sleeping stuff (pillow from home, air bed, maybe a nice blanket to lay on, ear plugs, eye mask) to ensure I sleep as well as poss!

Finally we are camping in the pay-for a Worthy View site which is just a godsend as it means a bit of extra comfort/showers/loos and not having to carry/pitch tent, but realise it's too late to book this kind of thing now.

Love the nice-smelling scarf idea... Queuing with that toilet stench will definitely be a huge vom risk!! confused

Have fun everyone!! gringrin

melonface Fri 19-Jun-15 11:04:50

Weather is looking quite good at the moment so fingers crossed!

Great tip about the peebols I'm very tempted for those middle of the night wake up calls

So gutted about Foo Fighters sad

U8myufo Fri 19-Jun-15 22:54:53

Yes I'm going too! I am 12 weeks. I also went to the Isle of Wight festival last weekend which might sound ridiculous but it had been planned for a long time and I did try to get lots of periods of rest. It will be grand, heres my top tips, just make sure you get sleep when you need it, get plenty of water and carry some hand sanitiser in your bag at all times (loos are never great!). And some Belvitas in your bag will stop you from having an empty stomach when you wake up if you just nibble on them they are fairly plain and good if you do tend to feel a bit sickly. And i reckon you deserve the blow up matress! Enjoy the festival.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now