Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling insecure :-/

(6 Posts)
MummyPiggy87 Wed 10-Jun-15 00:34:20

I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant. Much awaited for baby (2 years ttc) and I'm so proud of my little bump. But my god in public I feel so insecure about it, people keep looking at it and I feel like they are thinking is she fat or pregnant? I'm at that stage when it's hard to tell, it just looks like a fat belly! Is anyone else at this stage? I feel like I need to exaggerate it to look more pregnant. I know I'm being silly but I've never really been secure about my weight anyway!

happygojo Wed 10-Jun-15 06:50:16

I still feel like this now, although I have been assured I def look preg not fat now. I am carrying really low and in my eyes it looks like a gut! I tend to wear fitted tops to make my bump more bumpy and also rub my bump a lot so people know. I am now 31 weeks but still don't have the big round baby bump I was expecting! But baby is healthy and so am I so I am concentrating on that.

Not very helpful lol! I am sure you look great though x

Bellabutterfly2014 Wed 10-Jun-15 07:21:50

Hi Mummypiggy - I'm 16weeks Friday (due 27th Nov) and I'm the same!
I was a size 18 before pregnancy so I'm sure I just look fat!!!!!

I'm desperate for my bump to just get a bit bigger - but at the same time I'm trying to be quite careful with what I eat so I don't pork out too much.

My partner has been lovely tho and keeps stroking the bump - only a couple of people at work know (had mc last year) and wanted to keep it quiet for as long as possible.

I'm at the "Normal clothes a bit tight but maternity clothes too big" stage!!!! I'm sure people at work have maybe guessed but nobody has said anything - surprising as I keep having doctors & hospital appointments.

I'm feh get a shopping trip coming on to cheer me up!

sianihedgehog Wed 10-Jun-15 07:25:58

It gets much much better in a few weeks. I was a total mess at that stage, felt really really ugly, neither regular clothes nor maternity fit me right. I felt like a fat, stiff, tired lump. By 20 weeks I could see a proper bump and at about 24 it was obvious enough that even clueless blokes in the office who I know are scared of me felt confident asking when I was due. Now 32 Weeks and I actually feel okay with how I look, and feel less tired and dreadful than I did at 16 weeks as well.

Wishful80smontage Wed 10-Jun-15 07:28:20

I feel the same op, I used to be really big before I was expecting dd1 so actually didn't look any different until 25 weeks at least.
This time I was nearly 5 stone lighter now pregnant with dc2 and I've gained 8 pounds in first 12 weeks, I look so different just with that weight gain- up a dress size- big tummy, plus I'm really spotty (normally very clear skin) so I'm not feeling the best all round. To top it off new neighbours moved in and the woman looks like Cameron Diaz's better looking sister <sigh> sad

MummyPiggy87 Wed 10-Jun-15 12:46:23

Ah thanks everyone its nice when your not the only one feeling like this, I think some people are scared to ask if I'm pregnant or not in case I say no!
Hopefully it'll soon pop out abit, I'm going to town Saturday shopping so will get some tight fitting clothes I think and maybe some bump bands!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now