Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please Help; Am i pregnant?

(40 Posts)
HollyCA2015 Mon 08-Jun-15 06:19:27

So after worrying like crazy at the thought i could be pregnant i did three tests. I did one yesterday morning, yesterday evening and this morning. The two recent ones i did are so faint. I dont know if im worrying over nothing. Why was yesterday's morning so much clearer. Help? confused

tattyteddy Mon 08-Jun-15 06:21:33

The morning one will be clearer as the hcg hormone will be more cpncentrated In your morning urine. They often suggest testing first thing in the morning. Hope that helps x

Nolim Mon 08-Jun-15 06:23:20

I can see a line in the first one. Time to get a digital?

sausagedogsrus Mon 08-Jun-15 06:38:32

I think this is your third post now. I know it's not the answer you want, but the answer everyone keeps giving you is correct. It doesn't matter how faint the line is. If there's a line you're pregnant. If you use the first wee of the day the line tends to be stronger as the pregnancy hormone is more concentrated. I think you have been told this on each of your three threads.

Do you have anyone in real life who can support you regarding what to do next?

HollyCA2015 Mon 08-Jun-15 06:45:33

Hello, thank you for your reply. I think i keep posting for reassurance. Im 18 and working two jobs doing all hours i possible can. And my boyfriend is just turned 18. If i am im dreading telling anyone. My nan recently found out she had cancer so surely this is the last thing they want to deal with. I keep telling myself im not. Two of the tests have been really faint and they are just about visable. Im going to get clearblue today, theyl be no confusion then.

BitchPeas Mon 08-Jun-15 06:48:44

I mean this gently, you are pregnant, there is no confusion. On two of your tests there are lines. Faint or not they mean positive.

Could you call BPAS?

sebsmummy1 Mon 08-Jun-15 06:58:21

Holly I'm so sorry you sound scared. It does look as though you are pregnant. I know there is masses of help out there if you google. Advice lines you can ring, even a visit to the GP will probably help as they might know of local organisations they can put you in touch with.

A baby is a wonderful thing and even if your parents are initially angry and shocked it doesn't mean they will stay angry and shocked.

There are lots of Mothers on MN who had their children around your age. Might be worth starting a new thread asking for other people's experiences in how they coped.

Hadron21 Mon 08-Jun-15 07:03:35

If you were pregnant what would you want to do? Perhaps we can help with your thoughts, fears and choices.

HollyCA2015 Mon 08-Jun-15 07:13:31

I think im scared how id cope, i dont want this baby to then to sponge off people. I want to be able to buy my own things.
Also me and my boyfriend argue like cat and dog and im scared if it wont change then its not a enviroment i want to bring my baby up in. If i am pregnant i want it and id do the best i could. But how could i afford it. I work42 hours a week at my one job buts its a apprenticeship, so i pick up £107 at the end of the week, so i took up at part time cleaning job, that i do between 4-8 hours a week. How would i make ends meet? Thank you all so much for replying. So nice to talk to someone

liverpool1995 Mon 08-Jun-15 10:19:02

Am in the very same situation am 19 and my test looks the same as yours my boyfriend broke up with me and now I think am pregnant, am going to get a clear blue one to be sure

Cherryblossomsinspring Mon 08-Jun-15 10:44:47

Girls I'm sorry to hear you are both going through this, it's a horrific shock when you are not ready for it. You do have choices to make but take your time and think carefully for yourselves and your own futures. You will manage either way. I would advise speaking to an objective advice line before letting family and boyfriends add their own opinions and pressures. Tell very few people till you decide what to do.

liverpool1995 Mon 08-Jun-15 11:47:57

I have decided if I am pregnant to keep it I don't need to worry about money or anything like that, am just worried incase the father asked me to get rid of it because he won't even talk to me

liverpool1995 Mon 08-Jun-15 13:12:34

Just took another test and it's came up negative, still unsure weather to believe it x

inaboxwithafox Mon 08-Jun-15 13:17:49

You both look pregnant to me. Get digital one, then you'll be in no doubt.

girliefriend Mon 08-Jun-15 13:23:38

Holly that does look like a faint line to me.

Not sure if it is helpful but I had an unplanned pregnancy, it was literally the last thing on my mind to have a baby and I more or less fainted when the test came back positive!! However I knew for me I couldn't go through with a termination and now have a 9yo dd. Yes there have been challenges along the way but all the practicalities and financial concerns do seem to have a way of working themselves out.

Good luck flowers

Knittingandtea Mon 08-Jun-15 13:24:22

I can see a line in both of your tests. You can get a false negative, but not a false positive. So the positives would say that yes, you are pregnant. Liverpool you say you've just had a negative test - did you leave it for the right amount of time before checking? What time of day did you test? If it was lunchtimeish then the concentration of hcg will be lower than your first wee in the morning for example. So if you've had a positive test - that's the one you need to be paying attention to really.

liverpool1995 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:38:25

Hello yes I took it lunch time am still worried if I am because I don't feel right I wouldn't get rid if I was because I don't agree with it but I don't no weather to go the walk in and see if they can test me there?

Knittingandtea Mon 08-Jun-15 14:57:32

I doubt they would test you, because home pregnancy tests are just as reliable as Dr ones now. They would advise because you've had a positive test, that means your pregnant. You can always do a clear blue digital one in the morning as that will tell you how far along you are, but as you have had a positive test you are pregnant.

liverpool1995 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:11:06

But I had a negative one so am unsure what I should do

sebsmummy1 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:18:45

Liverpool at these early stages you can get false negative if your wee is very dilute but you don't get a false positive as the hormone HCG triggers the second line and you don't have HCG without being currently pregnant or having miscarried.

Knittingandtea Mon 08-Jun-15 15:26:11

But the negative one doesn't mean anything, you can get false negatives, not false positives. As pp said it would be negative because your wee is diluted at this time of day.

I'm sorry, I can tell you're in denial/shock but if you've had a positive test you ARE pregnant. I'm sorry to be blunt, but I'm not sure how else to word it. The negative one doesn't matter, the positive one does.

HollyCA2015 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:37:54

So confused what to do next

girliefriend Mon 08-Jun-15 15:39:43

Holly did you get a digital test?

liverpool1995 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:39:46

Same this is a complete shock to me

HollyCA2015 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:41:53

Yeah iv brought a clear blue one, shall i wait intill the morning to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now