Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Holiday Insurance - do I need different insurance?!

(9 Posts)
charleybelle Wed 03-Jun-15 15:58:15

Help! I'm confused about holiday insurance! We're going away on Sunday (nothing like leaving things until the last minute!) to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks. I'm 12 weeks pregnant and wondered if I need different holiday insurance because I'm pregnant? I googled it and there was information for pregnant women but then when I went to book it there was no option to add it in?? Have others just got normal holiday insurance? Do you need to tell holiday insurance companies you are pregnant if it's only 12 weeks? Thanks for any advice!

Sirzy Wed 03-Jun-15 16:00:17

Phone your insurance company and let them know.

baaaabaaaaabaaaa Wed 03-Jun-15 16:02:18

Phone and ask they may add a small loading t to your premium.

Cookiepants Wed 03-Jun-15 16:03:47

I rang the company (insure and go) and organised it over the phone. It didn't add anything to the policy.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 03-Jun-15 16:12:48

Give them a call and check but at 12 weeks I don't think you need to pay extra. That's later on if you want to insure for premature birth, as the baby often isn't covered. At 12 weeks that won't apply, but I would phone and declare it anyway just in case.

Brummiegirl15 Wed 03-Jun-15 18:44:09

You need to ensure they cover you. They should do as pregnancy isn't an illness. So you are best to check.

I'm pregnant and will be flying to US at 21 weeks. Insure & Go insure you up to 32 weeks

baaaabaaaaabaaaa Thu 04-Jun-15 13:43:40

I have used Insure and Go in the past too.Not for pregnancy but we are a family of medical wonders and they have been so helpful and any premiums they load have been quite competetive.

scarednoob Thu 04-Jun-15 15:44:45

you need to check your policy. sometimes maternity is excluded. I took out additional cover to be on the safe side, it was peanuts. But better to be safe than sorry.

Also get your compression stockings on!

ImpatiencePersonified Thu 04-Jun-15 18:50:04

I'm just back from holiday and used the post office insurance - pregnancy complications are covered in the policy docs and I didn't need to pay any extra - I was 22+5 when I flew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now