Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling a little bit emotional ;-)

(23 Posts)
Hippymama1 Wed 03-Jun-15 10:16:02

Hi All,

I am nearly 36 weeks and getting EXTREMELY emotional...

Today (before 10am) I have sobbed because I am really slow at doing basic housework tasks like picking things up and putting clothes away (doesn't need doing - I think it is nesting). I have also had a full on sobbing fit because I want to go swimming but am self conscious about my bump and don't want to go on my own in case people stare at me.

This week I have also had massive sobbing fits over my hospital bag (while packing it), baby clothes, feeling a bit pathetic and feeble and because I can't get my engagement ring on or my wedding ring off due to my sausage fingers.

My poor DH is a saint and just gives me a cuddle while he waits for the shoulder heaving sobbing to stop and normal humour to resume. wink

It's not just me, right?!

Stinkersmum Wed 03-Jun-15 10:19:21

I'm only 21 weeks and cried at Jun Tanaka winning Chopped Champions this morning.

Teeste Wed 03-Jun-15 10:20:31

I'm 37+6. Yesterday I cried at the Nationwide advert - the one with the 'best dad' scarf. Normally I sneer with snide abandon at the John Lewis Xmas type heart-string-tugger ads. Bloody hormones!!

RockerMummy184 Wed 03-Jun-15 10:22:39

I had a full on meltdown at Coronation Street on Monday! blush

rahlikeatiger Wed 03-Jun-15 10:28:29

Hi, almost 25w here and have complete meltdown this morning. Got a cold that has made me sick due a blocked up nose and all I could think was I want my mum! Cue mega tears. Feeling very sorry for myself! Not normally like this honest smile

fattymcfatfat Wed 03-Jun-15 10:30:00

I'm 33 weeks and still in the angry stage. I want to stab people in the eye because they are doing my head in.
not looking forward to baby shower today. they think they've kept it secret but I have known all along. they really are stupid enough to believe im that stupid hmm
on a brighter note it won't be long now until I am a blubbering mess and I cry at something on telly like I did with the other two

Hippymama1 Wed 03-Jun-15 10:43:51

Ahhh Fattymccat... the pregnancy rage! I miss that stage - at least it is amusing...

Hopefully I will have some sort of resurgence of that... I could have done with it earlier this week when a woman I vaguely know asked me which hospital I was having my baby in and when I told her, proceeded to tell me what an awful experience she had there... Why would you say that to someone who is expecting their baby in just over 4 weeks?!! I could have done with some rage at that point but no, I just sucked it up and then had a little panic and cry. sad

Fuck it - I am going swimming. If people stare at me I will stare right back. And then get all emosh in the changing room no doubt. wink

fattymcfatfat Wed 03-Jun-15 10:47:49

why do women purposely scare other women? angry yes you go swimming and just glare at anyone who dares look at you the wrong way. then come and hAve a moan about how horrible people are.

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Wed 03-Jun-15 14:15:29

I'm 38+6 and manage to swing between the rage and hysterical sobbing several times a day.

DH rushed 3 year old dd off to the childminder this morning before the tears started after she said goodbye to the baby, complete with cuddling and kissing my tummy and telling it, "I love you." Sob!

MummyPiggy87 Wed 03-Jun-15 14:35:59

Aaaw Hippymamma! Don't worry about the staring most people are probably just thinking it's really lovely, whenever I used to see a pregnant women I would look in envy as I loved being pregnant! It's beautiful!
Your DP sounds like a great support your very lucky, when cry I just get an awkward look hmm some men just don't know how to comfort a sobbing pregnant woman!

u32ng Wed 03-Jun-15 17:34:34

No episodes yet...I'm only 13 weeks so there's still pleeeenty time for that!

In my last pregnancy I was in town with DH trying to find maternity work trousers & bras and not finding anything that fitted so it ended with me sobbing on him in the middle of the street.

Emjones88 Wed 03-Jun-15 18:02:44

Only 10 weeks and had a proper sobbing fit this morning..... And then again when my DH rang to check I was ok and if there was anything he could do to cheer me up. Lol

Hippymama1 Wed 03-Jun-15 21:20:29

Went swimming - people did stare but I didn't care.

Then I had another sobbing fit this afternoon for pretty much no reason apart from the fact I thought I had done something wrong when I hadn't. Bloody hormones! Poor DH is really going through it today! wink

Thanks ladies - I am really pleased it isn't just me and I am hoping we are all feeling better tomorrow morning! smile

scrivette Wed 03-Jun-15 21:41:12

Good for you going swimming.

I am 35 weeks and went swimming the other day, people did look but u think it's because it's unusual. I would probably look if I saw someone with a bump but it's only because (despite being pregnant twice) I think that pregnancy bumps are amazing!

Hope tomorrow is a happier day.

loulou82 Thu 04-Jun-15 05:48:13

I'm 38 weeks and had an uncontrollable crying fit last night as DH was late home from work and I started feeling panicky. Haven't been able to sleep all night and acid reflux has started and just had a little sob in bed.

Really hoping I'm a new person tomorrow hmm

Hippymama1 Thu 04-Jun-15 17:27:02

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all feeling better today - I am feeling loads better - I think it is the sun cheering me up. Although I did watch 24 hours in A&E this morning on 4OD and had a minor sobbing fit, it was nothing compared to the emotional tsunamis of yesterday!

smile

fattymcfatfat Thu 04-Jun-15 17:44:24

well the tears have started! I cried this morning for feeling unwell. then cried more because I was crying in front of the kids and didn't want to!

MissTwister Thu 04-Jun-15 18:20:04

I cried because I thought of how sad my husband would be if I died in a car accident. Proper cried. That's weird...

Hippymama1 Thu 04-Jun-15 22:44:00

I think I spoke too soon... I was talking to my friend about babies and cried. Not even a sad story, just cried because of babies. I hope this is just a temporary state of affairs for us all! sadwink

Emus Fri 05-Jun-15 06:34:51

Ha, I can relate! I'm nearly 37 weeks and cried at a Mariah Carey song this week! shock

NoMontagues Fri 05-Jun-15 12:54:37

I'm only 6 weeks and I'm crying right now because my contact lens delivery is AWOL.

Also the courier was a smart arse on the phone and advised me that my contact lenses were no good to anyone else, so it's fine that he dropped them off somewhere round the corner and whoever has them will probably give them to me at some stage.

angry angry

contractor6 Fri 05-Jun-15 13:39:44

I've just had a major crying attack on the bus, for no reason!! Thank goodness I was wearing sunglasses blush

StrawberryCheese Fri 05-Jun-15 13:44:10

I cried watching Star Trek confused

NB. I am not a Trekkie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now