Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

planned section - what will happen when I get my date?

(11 Posts)
weelamb123 Tue 02-Jun-15 10:29:43

Just that really. Got appt next Monday to get book in date for section. Will they go over the procedure etc or will I just get a date and then have to go back to see an anaesthetist?

Number3cometome Tue 02-Jun-15 10:37:37

When are you due?

I am 33+2, I saw the anaesthetist a few weeks back.
With my previous DC, I saw the anaesthetist on the day.

I had to call the morning of my csection to check it was still going ahead, then turn up around 7 or 8ish (after fasting from 10pm)

Not sure if it will be the same this time?

I should be getting my date on Monday.

weelamb123 Tue 02-Jun-15 10:41:02

I'm 33 weeks. My first ds was an emergency so this is all new. Due date is 22nd July and been told I'll be taken in 1 week prior to this. X

Number3cometome Tue 02-Jun-15 10:46:29

Ok you are the same as me then.
I am having a GA for my csection, I was told 38 weeks, but asked for 39.

I would ideally like 39+2 but they wouldn't book me in at the last appointment with the consultant until I had more growth scans (last saw him at 30 weeks)

Hoping so badly for Monday getting a date!

weelamb123 Tue 02-Jun-15 10:49:05

How come u are having a GA? I thought the options were spinal block or epidural?

Number3cometome Tue 02-Jun-15 10:54:21

I have a spinal fusion, cannot have a block or epidural as I have metal work in there and scar tissue. My fusion is a full lumbar, so it's all pins, plates and screws.

I had a GA with my first, (EMCS) and a spinal block with my second, but had the surgery since.

I am gutted, but have no other options.

weelamb123 Tue 02-Jun-15 11:00:29

Oh I see. Well good luck x

Hellohellohowareyou Tue 02-Jun-15 11:09:16

I am booked in for my ELCS when im exactly 39 weeks. I'm currently 36 weeks and have just got back from my midwife appointment, apparently when they booked my ELCS date (back when I was 20 weeks) they should have also booked me in for a pre op where they take bloods, run through the procedure etc. This has now been booked for the day before my op as midwife rang up and chased it for me. Good job really!

Number3cometome Tue 02-Jun-15 11:14:47

Oh shit, that was a bit of a close call!!

Hellohellohowareyou Tue 02-Jun-15 11:15:44

I was getting a bit worried as to why I hadn't heard anything!

Number3cometome Tue 02-Jun-15 11:17:37

I will definitely be asking at my next appointment what the full plan is and what to expect then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now