Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Struggling

(5 Posts)
dancinglorna1984 Mon 01-Jun-15 21:41:53

Hello, I am 32 weeks and due to finish for my maternity leave in 4 weeks but I am really struggling as I am just exhausted and don't ever feel rested. I am waking up approximately every half an hour in the night to turn over as my hips are so painful, it feels like someone is drilling into the bones and keep having really bad lower back pain too. I know I will get less sleep when the baby is here but this is hell. Argh, feeling miserable sad

ArgentinianMalbec Mon 01-Jun-15 22:00:35

Can you stop work sooner? I stopped work 4 weeks before my due date (and only ended up having 2 to myself to put my feet up!) and it was too much. I only have a desk job. Next time I'm stopping 6-8 weeks before my due date.
I hope you manage to at least get some early nights even if you just snuggle up with a book. Look after yourself! ��

Picklesauage Mon 01-Jun-15 22:04:51

Phone your midwife and tell her about the hip and back pain. It is most probably SPD -it used to be called pelvic girdle pain (pgp). Basically your back and hips are loosening to allow baby's growth and have loosened too much causing pain. I know this because I have been suffering the last 8 weeks with it!

I suffered for 2 weeks before calling midwife, once I did I had a physio fitting for a support brace within 3 days! And it really helps. They also give you exercises which do help. Call her!

dancinglorna1984 Tue 02-Jun-15 17:42:08

Thanks, will try to have a rest. Although I am currently sat waiting for breakdown recovery at work as our car has a flat battery now confused

Clairejessica123 Tue 02-Jun-15 18:13:32

As others have said I would recommend telling your midwife. Seeing an osteopath may help you as well. I've had hip and back pain since very early on in my pregnancy and he has been a god send! I had NHS physio last year after a missed miscarriage and it was rubbish so if you can afford it I would recommend finding a good osteopath in your area. I find sleeping with a single duvet folded on my half of the bed helps ease the build up of pressure. I hope you start feeling better soon and they get to your car!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now