Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eaten unpasturised cheese whilst pregant and worried!

(5 Posts)
SGillin Mon 01-Jun-15 20:32:30

I've just found out that I'm pregnant (4 weeks). Before I knew I was pregnant I ate unpasturised soft cheese and am really worried about listeria. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Flisspaps Mon 01-Jun-15 20:33:51

Advice - don't worry. The risk of listeria is more for you than your baby

Congratulations grin

MrsHenryCrawford Mon 01-Jun-15 20:49:03

The risk of listeria is for the baby, though the risk of you getting it are very low. Try not to worry, I didn't find out I was pregnant on my first pregnancy until I was 7 weeks and I had eaten and drank all manner of things before then, baby was fine! Just stay off the unpasteurised stuff for the rest of the pregnancy, wishing you a healthy nine months

lordsandladies Mon 01-Jun-15 20:52:19

It's massively unlikely to be an issue. I have insider cheese knowledge grin and there is rigorous testing especially with unpasteurised stiltons etc. Really don't worry.

When dcousin was pg in france they didn't even attempt to get French women to give up soft cheese or rare meat they just tested them regularly instead!

ChickenLaVidaLoca Mon 01-Jun-15 21:19:17

When did you eat it? It either gives you listeria or it doesn't, and if it doesn't there's no problem. If you do eat something that gives you listeria it would happen quickly. It's not like eg drug use or something where you wouldn't know about any harm until later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now