Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

One foot swells more than the other?

(7 Posts)
jurisane Mon 01-Jun-15 15:26:02

19 weeks and three days today. Getting a scan on Thursday to hopefully fine out the sex! smile

But in other news: my feet and ankles have been swelling for several weeks now and doc said it was normal at my appointment last month. But now I'm noticing that my right foot swells almost three times as large as the left. Then the other day I sat down in a recliner (with my feet up) to watch a 2 hour movie with my girlfriends and by the end of the movie the top of my right foot felt slightly numb. It didn't tingle like it was asleep and it didn't hurt but it definitely felt odd.

I put my shoes on this morning and already my right shoe was tighter than my left. Should I be worried? I have an appointment on Thursday and I will mention it to the doc then but is this something I should call them about?

I do have pretty crazy scoliosis--could that be part of the problem?

Lewaney3 Mon 01-Jun-15 15:30:12

Watching with interest...
My right foot also is a lot more swollen than the left... Started from around 30 weeks. I did point it out at appointments but they didn't mention anything in particular.

Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

Number3cometome Mon 01-Jun-15 15:34:21

Yes, my left one always more than my right, consultant says it's nothing to worry about. I am 33+1

cookielove Mon 01-Jun-15 15:35:46

I think with that amount of extra swelling you should get it checked out!

jurisane Mon 01-Jun-15 15:42:52

I forgot to mention that when I try to sit with my feet propped up my butt goes numb and I can't lay on my right side anymore because it makes my hip hurt.

In short, I'm a little bit of a mess right now. >_>

scrivette Mon 01-Jun-15 17:24:50

I usually have one slightly bigger than the other, I can't put my feet up as it hurts my back (if I had the time to out my feet up!!) and I can't get comfortable at night! The joys of pregnancy!

However as your feet are so different to each other I would mention it next time you see your midwife.

Skiptonlass Mon 01-Jun-15 17:40:58

If you get calf pain or the leg/foot goes red /blotchy, call your doc immediately. Lopsided or sudden swelling can be the sign of a dvt.

Definitely one to get checked out at your next appt, just for your peace of mind. They may have tips for you to avoid it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now