Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal pregnancy pains/ feelings? Or not

(3 Posts)
freshlysharpenedpencils Sun 31-May-15 10:35:12

I'm in my 2nd pregnancy & at 33 weeks. Just wondering if these pains are normal - I don't recall them 1st time around. They have got so bad I've just lay in bed weeping. Hard to describe but I'll give it a go.
Basically like my stomach (which is twice the size as in my last pregnancy) will just explode - like it'll burst. It hurts so bad I have to just lie down and try and find a side it doesn't hurt. Then pains in my lower back too - on the right hand side.

General feeling of not being able to do anything in the day. Can barely walk up the stairs without having to sit down and deep breathe. This makes me feel sick. Also as though the baby has a foot stuck between my ribs at the front just below breasts.

Baby moving fine - but I'm in so much pain all of the time. Anyone else got this? Should I worry?

Thank you.

TakesTwoToTango Sun 31-May-15 13:45:13

Op it could well be normal and possibly even a foot in the ribs (I think there's a pregnancy condition called rib flare which is v painful).

That said, any pain to the extent you are describing must be checked out asap. Please call your maternity ward and go and get seen. I'm not a medic, but I'm sure I've read that diaphragm pain can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. It's not worth taking the risk. Good luck.

FallenOnHardTimes Mon 01-Jun-15 15:21:45

That level of pain doesn't sound normal. I'd definitely get yourself checked out ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now