Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cervix/vaginal pain and pressure

(6 Posts)
weelamb123 Fri 29-May-15 20:48:40

Im 32 weeks pregnant and having some pain down below. Ended up in hospital last weekend because of it. I had the fetal fibronectin test which came back a low positive. They let me out as the pains subsided. Just curious if anyone had experienced this?.its like my cervix is effacing / dilating. It happens when ive been on my feet for too long. Baby's head is down. Help, I'm so worried I'll go into early labour. X

weelamb123 Fri 29-May-15 22:19:41

Anyone?

applecore0317 Fri 29-May-15 23:44:50

I've had a pressure type feeling since around 32 weeks, that was when I was signed off work as the consultant said she was low down in my pelvis and had had problems with my cervix shortening. So I rested as much as I could and am now 40+2. I still get the pressure pains but baby appears to stubbornly be staying put.

Did they examine you to see if you were dilated? I was examined at 32 weeks and cervix was closed. Then at 37 weeks 1cm dilated and now 2-3

weelamb123 Sat 30-May-15 10:48:08

Hi, thanks for ur post. Yes, my cervix was still closed, that's the only reason I got out! Hope ur little one comes soon. Xx

applecore0317 Sat 30-May-15 12:52:23

Hope your little one stays put smile xx

PrincessShcherbatskaya Sat 30-May-15 12:54:37

Hello OP, I had a similar thing with my second baby. He was a very big baby and from about 30 weeks I had a real feeling of heavy pressure like he was going to fall out! Sounds silly but that's how it felt. Everything was fine though - I had number 3 not so long ago and didn't have that feeling this time around, he was a smaller more average birth weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now