Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hair colouring... can i??

(8 Posts)
scarednoob Fri 29-May-15 13:41:46

desperate to get rid of the 2 tone and grey streaks, am 21 weeks. the hairdresser says it's fine and she'll use a semi.

what do you think? would you risk it? the alternative is to have some blonde highlights over the grey, but she seemed to think that was quite a big undertaking...

sianihedgehog Fri 29-May-15 13:58:46

Yes, it's fine. www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/949.aspx?CategoryID=54

scarednoob Fri 29-May-15 23:41:32

Thank you - I did it! But went for gloss semi and she said she used a very low level of developer.

Unthoughtknown Sat 30-May-15 11:06:26

I hope so, currently 16+1 and sat in hairdressers with a full head of bleach smile

Beckahjane Sat 30-May-15 11:53:47

A semi will be fine or a permanent in highlight form. It isn't suggested that you put on roots! I coloured my hair before I found out I was pregnant and it burnt!! X

Beckahjane Sat 30-May-15 11:56:21

Sorry rephrase, it isn't suggested that it touches the scalp. As everything can become a lot more sensitive in pregnancy. And prone to irritation. I thought it was because I'd used one of my salon colours and maybe it was too strong but I bought a nice and easy and that burnt too! And I've never had a problem prior to pregnancy. And I'm a hairdresser x

dementedpixie Sat 30-May-15 11:56:50

hair dye is fine and not harmful even on the roots. Pregnancies can affect the way the colour 'takes' on the hair. Once I needed mine redone as the first colour did not turn out the way it should have

sianihedgehog Sat 30-May-15 12:54:05

Yep, there's no reason to avoid the roots except that as your immune system changes when pregnant you may react to stuff you didn't before, so you should do a patch test first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now