Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Csection today......nervous

(28 Posts)
Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 05:40:40

I don't know why I'm so nervous?!? Maybe it's better not knowing.

Had emcs 22 months ago , so I know what to expect. Still can't shake that feeling of nerves confused

newtothenet Thu 28-May-15 05:46:53

Ooh, a brand new baby by the end of the day! I've not had a section, but I was nervous about both my births. I think the worst thing is the anticipation because once things get started you just get on with it. Do you know what you're having?

sneakybollox Thu 28-May-15 05:50:30

You'll be fine. It's normal. It's apprehension, mixed with excitement at meeting the baby and if you're anything like I was, totally shitting yourself at the fact you're now going to have another child to look after!!! The planned csections are very different to the emcs. Much calmer, everyone in control. It was really quite surreal hearing the doctors gossiping about what they did last night while I was lying there waiting to give birth! In a way it helped because it was so ' normal'.

Good luck!

mrsnoon Thu 28-May-15 05:56:50

I've had 2 planned sections and was much more nervous second time round, think it was because I was worried about how bad I was going to feel afterwards, coping with the baby and a 4year old and somesillystuff that I won't bore you with. As it happened I felt much better second time round and only spent 1 night in hospital. And planned sections are generally much nicer than emergency ones, I always say mine were really civilised!
You'll be fine, good luck!

Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 06:06:21

Thanks all. It's such a strange feeling . I'm super excited but have this sickness feeling at the same time. Doesn't help have to be at the hospital for 7am sad xx

Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 06:08:03

New.....yes it's a boy. Was very obvious on the scans smile (had growth scan due to measuring 4 weeks ahead) already have a ds so I'm outnumbered smile xx

newtothenet Thu 28-May-15 06:27:37

Ooh, good luck! Remember to take a magazine in case you're waiting around (not that you'll be able to concentrate on the words). I have two girls and they get on beautifully so I bet your DS will be smitten with the baby (although, before I get flamed, I'm sure mixed sex siblings love each other just as much!)

PiratesMam Thu 28-May-15 06:35:37

Aw they can be best man for each other! Good luck, I can understand why you're nervous, but just try to take it easy and relax as much as possible. Everyone I know who has had an elective CS say the recovery time is SO much quicker than emergency CS.

Howaboutthisone Thu 28-May-15 06:39:13

Good luck today! Just wanted to post to say that my elective section was brilliant! I recovered far more easily after that than after my complicated 'natural' birth. The day itself I was a bit nervous but it all went so smoothly and I've been recommending c sections to anyone and everyone since!grin

fastcarsloosemen Thu 28-May-15 07:03:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

abbiebunn Thu 28-May-15 08:21:23

I'm having a CS next Tuesday and just wanted to say good luck, let me know how you find it, as I too as nervous as hell!

trilbydoll Thu 28-May-15 08:27:54

I found my elcs very weird compared to the emcs - the staff were all really chilled, taking their time, telling jokes - it just gave me time to think about it, I think I preferred the quick prep for the emcs!

Stitching up felt a lot quicker this time for some reason, the actual op seemed a lot speedier smile

Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 10:13:46

Thanks everyone. I'm all gowned up and ready to go. It does feel a lot different to last time. I think my nerves have turned it to excitement. Can't wait to see what my little man is going to look like. Thanks all for your support xx

FluffyJawsOfDoom Thu 28-May-15 10:18:52

Good luck! Let us know how it goes smile x

fastcarsloosemen Thu 28-May-15 10:21:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Number3cometome Thu 28-May-15 11:04:31

Ahh good luck OP!!

I remember the anticipation at my last CS (i've had two)

This time I am having my CS under a GA so not quite as excited!

Hope everything goes well and we look forward to hearing about your lovely new baby boy soon!

Penguinandminipenguin Thu 28-May-15 12:40:08

Good luck!!

Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 13:05:04

Jude Grayson was born at 11.09 weighing........10lb 12oz I'm still in shock he is huge.

Thanks all for your love and support xxx

Number3cometome Thu 28-May-15 13:29:19

Ahh lovely name!!

Hope you are feeling well and what a fantastic weight!

Were you overdue?

ChannelingFlop Thu 28-May-15 13:38:29

Congratulations! That is one big baby! smile lovely name x

Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 13:39:34

No, I was due on 31st may. I have had growth scans throughout but I didn't think he would be this big.

Spitting image of my 1st born grin

Number3cometome Thu 28-May-15 13:40:47

How much did your 31/32/33 growth scan show?

(only because I had one yesterday!)

Do you have GD?

My first was 9lb (on his due date) I was shocked how big he was as my belly was small!!

Well done OP, I bet he is so lovely and chubby x

Halleberry Thu 28-May-15 13:51:36

Aww congratulations and lovely name. I was in your exact position 2 weeks ago today. My baby girl wasn't quite so big though smile just Aswell you had a section grin xxx

Howaboutthisone Thu 28-May-15 14:23:09

Great to hear that all went well! Great name and weight!

Congratulations! Now enjoy the cuddles!smile

Racheyg Thu 28-May-15 16:16:08

Abbie.....I agree with previous posts a planned csection is calmer. Please don't be too nervous I'm sure there is a great team looking after you.

Number 3..........he was 5lb 10 at 30 weeks and 7lb 8oz at 36 weeks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now