Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice

(4 Posts)
pepsi001 Tue 26-May-15 14:12:25

Hello.

Based on LMP I'm 6 weeks today. I'm nervous as I had a MMC in January at 11 weeks even though the baby died at 7 weeks. I don't trust my body to let me know what's happening and every niggle is winding me up.

I've had a busy working week. Long hours. On my feet then been away for a night and a gig. I'm tired and my back aches which could be done to how busy I've been but I can't help thinking I'm miscarrying.

Also I'm contemplating whether it's worth getting an early private scan at 7-8 weeks to put my mind at rest so I don't get so far thinking all ok when it's not.

Any advice welcome thank you. X

Teeste Tue 26-May-15 14:50:34

I had an 8 week private scan following a mc and it was the best thing ever, really put my mind at rest (for a time!). If you think it will help and can afford it, I say go for it.

The tiredness and backache could just as easily be normal first trimester business. I know I slept about 14 hours a day if I could, I was wiped out. Your body is growing both a human being and a placenta - it's an incredible effort and you are bound to be tired to some degree, especially after such a busy week. I had lots of period-like cramping too, uterus stretching things. If you're not bleeding or in severe pain, the signs are good so far. Fx for you!

lauraa4 Tue 26-May-15 15:05:32

Hi pepsi I had a mmc too January last year at around 10 weeks so I know how stressful it all is. I'm now 23 weeks (as of tomorrow) into this pregnancy so you will more than likely have a successful pregnancy this time smile

With this one I did have an early scan at 7 weeks and they were able to pick up the heartbeat which was great but obviously nothing is guaranteed. I then had another private one at 18 weeks because I was stressing myself out over it again! Since my anomaly scan at 21 weeks I haven't been tempted to book anymore and I can feel him kicking now which is the reassurance I need.

It made me feel a lot better so I would say go for it if you think it will help with your anxiety x

Cheshirehello79 Tue 26-May-15 15:09:46

Hi Pepsi just call your midwife and say you don't feel ok and they will book you in free nhs early pregnancy unit in which they will do a scan . Good luck and hope all is well :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now