Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this early start of labour?

(15 Posts)
sterlingpink295 Sun 24-May-15 20:52:42

37+1. A few days ago movements dramatically increased and started feeling nauseous. Then feet started dramatically swelling even after 5 min on feet. Yesterdat was so tired and hungry and started with severe lower backache, dragging/pressure pain down below a few days a go and had a show yesterday. Movements now less. Is this the start of early labour??

HappyLucyLou Sun 24-May-15 21:02:05

Sounds like something is happening. Any changes in movements should be checked out though so I'd give maternity ward a call. My babies movements changed and they wanted to monitor to make sure all ok, all was fine as I'm sure is with yours. Still worth a chat to a midwife and just let them know everything that's going on.

If it is labour you might meet your little one soon! :D

sterlingpink295 Sun 24-May-15 22:28:31

Not too concerned about movements tbh as she's met the minimum amount of daily movement and that was hours ago. It's more the other things that are going on. Did read somewhere that an increase/decrease of movements just before active labour

CuppaSarah Mon 25-May-15 02:58:21

A chance in what's normal for your babies movement is equally important to check out as reduced movement. Especially if something is happening, baby could be quite unhappy about it. I'm sure nothing I'd wrong, but don't let a change in movement go unchecked. No one will think you're wasting time.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 25-May-15 09:19:22

Definitely get checked out.

coneywonder Mon 25-May-15 16:40:06

It's a myth that movements change just before labour. I got told that if movements increase or decrease then you need to get it checked out. The other things could mean labour or they could mean that baby is in a bit of distress not worth the risk.

sterlingpink295 Mon 25-May-15 23:21:49

Been trickling what I think is waters for 2 days now and it's steadily getting more. Straw coloured with that smell to it that they tell you about

TakesTwoToTango Tue 26-May-15 02:12:05

Sterling if your waters have been potentially leaking for
2 days you need to go to get checked
out tonight. After 24hrs from waters breaking you/baby are at increased risk of infection and may need antibiotics to keep baby safe. Add to that the change in movement patterns and if it was me I'd be heading in right now.

Hope all is okay. Good luck.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 26-May-15 05:59:05

What TakesTwo said. Don't wait any longer. Hasn't a midwife told you what to look for and when to call???

coneywonder Tue 26-May-15 09:28:22

I don't understand why you haven't been if your waters have been leaking for two days?

Number3cometome Tue 26-May-15 10:39:47

Did you get checked OP?

sterlingpink295 Thu 28-May-15 22:26:55

All ok. No full labour but still getting the signs that it's not far off

Theselittlelightsofmine Thu 28-May-15 22:42:46

Call midwife asap. As another poster pointed out, waters leaking could lead to infection.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Fri 29-May-15 08:45:40

But if you're leaking waters, you needed to go in immediately, irrespective of whether you're actually in labour or not! Why haven't you gone in yet?!

coneywonder Fri 29-May-15 17:11:59

If your being honest about what's happening which there is no reason why you wouldn't be. Why on earth haven't you been?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now