Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

why am i losing weight! ?

(18 Posts)
MissMartin1992 Sat 23-May-15 19:54:41

Hello, I've lost 3lb within less than a week! I was 8st6lb now im 8st3lb.. As I've been really tired i have been eating alot more of dominoes instead of cooking Hehe. . Anyone else lost/losing weight in the first trimester?

nellorr Sat 23-May-15 21:43:59

Don't worry about it... It's nothing to worry about. I lost 2kg in the first trimester, probably because I was missing all of my wine calories!
The 1st trimester is characterised by constant worry and paranoia!

Roseybee10 Sat 23-May-15 21:44:35

I did. I went from 8st 9lbs when I fell pregnant and dropped to 8st 5lbs by about 8 weeks. Gained it back though by around 13 weeks plus more lol. X

Flisspaps Sat 23-May-15 21:46:28

Stop weighing yourself. It tells you almost nothing in pregnancy.

MissMartin1992 Sat 23-May-15 21:53:10

i weigh myself all the time not just cz im pregnant, i just thought it was strange... but my mum just told me she lost weight with me and my sister she only gained 11lbs intotal when pg with me and i was 7lb of it.. she put on a hell of alot of Weight with my brother though.. suppose every pg is different

sarkymare Sat 23-May-15 23:35:10

I lost almost 2 stone by the time I reached 20 weeks in my first pregnancy. This time I have no idea as I don't own any scales.

Stinkylinky Sun 24-May-15 05:18:46

I lost around a stone in the first trimester, I have gained it all again now I'm in the third!

Stinkersmum Sun 24-May-15 05:44:38

I lost weight in my first trimester. But I only know this because my Dr weighs me at scans. I don't own weigh scales at home, never have done. 20 weeks in now and I'm sure I've put it back on and then some!

Nottalotta Sun 24-May-15 05:53:47

I lost a few lbs in the first trimester but gained them back. The baby takes a lot of energy (calories) to grow. I am 30wks now and have gained 18lbs which I'm ok with (family history of big babies and big weight gain...) it was 21lbs but have lost a bit the last two weeks.

BeCool Sun 24-May-15 05:54:16

I also lost several kilos in the first trimester. No puking. Just off my food. Things perked up right on 12 weeks.

contractor6 Sun 24-May-15 07:11:26

Lost several kg due to ms, still light now at 23 weeks, then pre pregnancy, poss due to no wine and lots of fruit.

Skiptonlass Sun 24-May-15 09:58:05

I lost about 11 lb in the first trimester due to sickness. Put it all back on now though !

If you're worried mention it to your midwife but I think it's very common to lose a bit at the start.

MissMartin1992 Sun 24-May-15 11:56:09

I'm not worried now i know so many people experience it, least in know its normal hehe, i dont have a MW yet cz ive just had to change drs and i cant even get in there until the 4th june.. im only 4w3d anyway bit that's only going on the baby centre app? Thanks Ladies x

Superexcited Sun 24-May-15 11:59:53

I lost 8lb in the first trimester. I am now 20 weeks and have regained 7lb. The midwife has put my weight loss down to giving up wine, but I also had a very small appetitive for the first trimester. The midwife wasn't worried about my weight loss.

RolyPolierThanThou Sun 24-May-15 12:03:30

I gained only 15lb in my first pregnancy and the baby alone was 10.5lbs of that. so they definitely take what they need.

Im on my third pregnancy and the pattern has been the same: weight loss in the first trimester amd not really reaching my pre pregnancy weight until about 20 weeks. Im 22w now and still 2lbs under my starting weight.

I have always been lighter after giving birth but gain it back during breastfeeding. So the reverse of what everybody tells you.

MissMartin1992 Sun 24-May-15 12:14:48

oh i thought breastfeeding helps you lose baby weight hehe smile , everyone is different arnt they just depends on your body! i cant blame the weight loss on giving up wine cz i can count on 1 hand how many times I've drank alcohol this year.. i suppose its still very early days but i did go through a week of eating only about 200cal p/d which would have been the week after conception looking back. I was only confused as ive had alot more dominoes and TGI's which is really unhealthy so thought i world have been piling on the pounds confused

sarkymare Sun 24-May-15 17:50:49

How often did you weigh yourself
Pre-pregnancy? Perhaps your weight fluctuating by a few lbs is normal for you and you're just not aware.

I'd say that the week you barley ate 200cal a day is almost certainly the cause of your weight loss. Either way I really wouldn't worry about it and actually I would just stop weighing yourself to prevent future worry too.

weelamb123 Sun 24-May-15 18:50:57

Yes, I must have lost nearly a stone. But I was really sick, but its perfectly normal to lose weight in first trimester x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now