Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

super tired all the time! !

(7 Posts)
MissMartin1992 Thu 21-May-15 19:59:54

Im so tired all the time! I feel like i could get a pillow out and fall asleep at my desk!.. its ridiculous.. and im only 4 weeks! I wanna sleep as soon as i get home from work i just about manage the house work and make tea then i can't wait to get in bed i actually get excited confused grin .. i feel so sorry on my dp as i am so boring while I'm in hibernation mode.. is anyone else super tired All the time???

Stinkylinky Thu 21-May-15 20:17:30

Welcome to the first trimester!

The tiredness will ease off as you head into the second trimester. I remember not being able to stay awake past 8pm every night!

Congratulations by the way smile

MissMartin1992 Thu 21-May-15 20:26:24

aww thanks!! smile i dont mind it..i love sleep i hope it eases off for dps sake though! grin

moonshine25 Thu 21-May-15 22:10:28

I'm exactly the same and only 5 weeks! Totally didn't think it would kick in this soon...loving the excuse to sleep more though ��

ARV1981 Fri 22-May-15 07:57:44

During the first trimester I would just 'switch off' at 9.30pm every night. I'd fall asleep wherever I was (even did it on a night out once.... oops!)

It does get easier to stay awake though. I'm now 23 weeks and went to bed (far too late) past midnight last night!

It's so tiring at work in the early days, and made worse because you usually don't announce the pg until after the 12 week scan! (So no one knows) Do take it easy at work, you're not obligated to give more than your contracted hours, and make sure you take your breaks even if there's a culture of not taking them in your place. They can't sack you for JUST doing your job and no more.

Good luck for your pregnancy, some of it ain't pretty, but the end result certainly is!!! And, of course, congratulations! flowers

MissMartin1992 Fri 22-May-15 17:52:06

ARV aww Thanks so much grin .. oh i definitely take my breaks don't worry about that! i have my desk but im on my feet all day which is annoying when i see a lovley comfy chair there lol waiting for me to sit on it. .grin

MissMartin1992 Fri 22-May-15 17:52:34

congratulations!!! to you both thanks thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now