Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boots Parenting Club - how much spam do you receive?

(8 Posts)
MrsAnxiety1 Wed 20-May-15 18:51:00

I would like to join the Boots parenting club, as it seems silly not to because we're going to be buying quite a few bits and pieces from there and I might as well get some points back. However, hearing about things like Bounty and Emma's Diary etc on here spamming you to death, it has really put me off joining anything like it! Reading the terms and conditions hasn't put my mind at ease as there is no opt-out of mailings at the sign-up stage.

I don't mind emails but mail to the house and being on lists that you can't ever seem to actually opt out of drives me up the wall!

So ladies - if you've joined, how much spam did you get to email and home?

S2b16 Wed 20-May-15 19:01:32

I don't get any from boots apart from a weekly update on pregnancy in my emails. So far though ive had changing bag (free with nappies), free vitamins, a free bottle and dummy, 25% off clothing, £3 off nappies....there just the vouchers ive used.
Emma's diary I get about 5 emails a week angry but they go straight into junk so not too bad. I've had a bouncer and playgym with money off through Emma's diary x

Fattycow Wed 20-May-15 20:17:32

Just set up a new email for the spam. grin

Hobby2014 Wed 20-May-15 20:18:38

I don't get hardly any. It's not like the others smile

MrsAnxiety1 Wed 20-May-15 21:00:53

Ahhh, that's ok then... I was just worried about 1001 companies sending junk mail to my house! grin

ARV1981 Wed 20-May-15 23:19:28

I used to work for a life insurance company, who bought a list from Emma's Diary. It totally puts me off any of these clubs! They just exist to sell your data.

Lunastarfish Thu 21-May-15 09:08:05

I've had nothing from Boots as far as I am aware. The vouchers for Boots have been useful, especially the free bottle and dummy. I'm planning on breastfeeding but its reassuring knowing i have a bottle in case of any problems.

After signing up for Emmas Diary I started receiving pregnancy relates stuff in the post and emails but I only receive post maybe once every 2 weeks and it is usually small catalogues. Emails are more common but goes to spam. You can get away with Emmas Diary with not giving a phone number and its phone spam that winds me up the most. That said, I don't know why I signed up - i've never used any of their offers!

Lunastarfish Thu 21-May-15 09:08:43

Ps - you can opt out of emails from Boots, i don't receive any.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now