Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

feta cheese?

(7 Posts)
chasingtherainbow Tue 19-May-15 17:10:05

I really. Really want feta.

Is it off limits?

(14w)

lauraa4 Tue 19-May-15 17:17:35

No feta is fine.
I bought some a few weeks ago but checked the nhs website first.

Enjoy! smile

thesmallbear Tue 19-May-15 17:21:57

It's fine.

dementedpixie Tue 19-May-15 17:24:42

www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/are-hard-cheeses-safe-to-eat-during-pregnancy.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=216 - says feta is ok if made from pasteurised milk

applecore0317 Tue 19-May-15 17:48:40

Regulations for feta sold in the UK are that it is made from pasteurised milk. You'd be hard pressed to find feta in a Supermarket that hasn't been made from pasteurised milk. I've eaten it throughout my pregnancy smile

scarednoob Tue 19-May-15 17:53:14

I spent a whole panicky lunchtime googling feta before finding out where I bought it from only used pasteurised feta! make sure it is pasteurised and go to town. if you're really worried, have it hot - then you can make sure you have killed any nasties.

mmmmm, feta cheese and caramelised onion pizza...

geekymommy Tue 19-May-15 20:21:54

We're allowed to eat feta made from pasteurized milk here in the US. I wouldn't eat it without being able to read the label and see that it was made from pasteurized milk, but I have eaten feta during both my pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now