Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

*update* RE. Depression, pregnancy - had my ELCS and home now

(14 Posts)
Halleberry Sun 17-May-15 18:18:33

Justf for anyone who was following my thread, I had my beautiful baby girl on Thursday morning by ELSC. She is beautiful and healthy. I feel the depression has lifted somewhat now, although it's nearly day 4 and my moods dropping. I'm scared this is the calm before the storm sad fingers crossed it's not. Just want to thank everyone for all your kind words when I was pregnant. Your all amazing women xxflowers

happygojo Sun 17-May-15 18:21:22

Congratulations on your healthy girl! You will be fine. You know the signs of depression and you know when ask for help. Good luck and hope you are enjoying all the newborn cuddles

comeagainforbigfudge Sun 17-May-15 18:23:04

Aw massive congratulations! flowers

I haven't been following your thread so I won't give any advice other than to keep talking to the wunnerful wise mnetters

MissTwister Sun 17-May-15 19:11:32

Congratulations!!! Glad you're all home xx

ARV1981 Sun 17-May-15 19:28:11

Congratulations, I've been thinking of you! Enjoy the lovely new born cuddles. flowers

Hadron21 Sun 17-May-15 19:30:12

Not read the thread but congratulations. You're ace. You've had a baby.
It's all about you now. You're a team x

badg3r Sun 17-May-15 20:12:02

Congratulations! It is very normal to feel super super emotional and sad on the fourth to fifth day after having a baby. Most of the mums I know warned me about this before I had mine. Now go cuddle that lovely girl of yours!

BumWad Sun 17-May-15 21:11:04

Congratulations!!

craftynanny Sun 17-May-15 21:27:05

Oh Halle I'm so pleased for you! Congratulations! I have followed your threads but I've never really known what to say, but have thought positive thoughts for you and hoped things would start to improve, and in so glad they have! I hope they continue to get better and you enjoy time with your beautiful baby girlgrin congratulations again xxx

New30 Sun 17-May-15 21:58:38

Well done Halle!
Huge congratulations

Snowflake15 Sun 17-May-15 23:53:27

Congratulations Halle! Currently 21+4, in bed exhausted but can't sleep and very jealous of you cuddling your beautiful girl! I can't wait to meet my little boysmile

Halleberry Tue 19-May-15 12:21:12

Aww it wI'll fly in. Before you know it you will be like mme right now all snuggled in with ur prince. The Blues have hit me. Here's to praying its a bump
In the road and not the road to depression sad I be devastated if depression takes away the joy of my little girl xx

Purpleboa Tue 19-May-15 17:33:19

I was wondering how you had got on Halle. Warmest congratulations on your baby girl. You're doing so well. Just try and take it one day at a time, don't be hard on yourself and remember help is only every a phone call away xxx

Snowflake15 Tue 19-May-15 23:32:16

Halle I think they say 4/5 days after birth the hormones go crazy and you always get a dip in your mood then - if you do keep feeling down, let your midwife or hv know, they care and there is lots of help out there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now