Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reassure me please (what the hell is this?!)

(2 Posts)
avocadotoast Sun 17-May-15 09:33:11

Due date yesterday. Last night I started with some pain and a couple of contractions that weren't painful in themselves.

The pain is low, last night was in my back, and did ease off overnight while I was in bed but this morning it's back! Today it does feel more like period pain (in my back and front) but no contractions to speak of.

Does this mean something could be starting soon? Is it something to be worried about? I've had no other signs of labour (no show or anything yet) and it's my first so I really don't know what to expect!

Bouncing/leaning on my ball helps a little and I've made myself a bit of a bolster cushion to sit on that helps a little too. Just running a bath to see if that helps...

silky80 Sun 17-May-15 09:35:43

I'd call your maternity unit.

They'll often say take some paracetamol, I had similar with my second and in the end just went up (she was born 20 min later)

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now